Saturday, February 4, 2012

Work, credit and decisions

Work has taken an interesting turn. I went for an interview Friday for a position that would let me stay in the same building. I think it went ok, but since I can't travel or do overtime I may not be considered. I am not entirely sure I want to change jobs. I do like what I do for the most part, and like my manager, but am feeling stifled, I'd like a new challenge, and I don't think my boss will do that for me. So I'm not sure what to do. I'm also concerned because the new building is a bit further than where I am now. It will mean less time with my kid, which I don't like the thought of at all.


I am also a bit excited.  I have crappy credit, like the worst you could possibly have.  But I got a letter Thursday from my visa company telling me I qualify for an increase. Since my limit was like the lowest you could have, I accepted, with the intention of only using it when I have the money to pay it off.  But it makes me think my credit is better, better enough to maybe qualify for things like a real car lease/loan or possibly even a mortgage.  Not that I have the down payment yet of course, but it gives me hope. And makes me more likely to stick to my budget and get where I want to be.

Also makes the prospect of having another child interesting. I suddenly have a little buffer, money I can use if I really need to, even if it costs me a lot of interest in the end.  I am still thinking of trying in the fall, early winter.  I turn 37 soon, so would be 38 when I have that baby, that is quite a bit older than I was when I had Jackson, which may be an issue.  But I am working on my lose weight plan, and it's going quite well.  I am getting healthier, and am going to start jogging again in the spring, hoping to get a bike too.  Healthier, active, maybe able to buy a new house... things are looking good.  And I'm feeling good.

Well I would be if I didn't have this cold from hell, it seems Jackson and I have been sick pretty much since Christmas, I cannot wait for winter to be over! 

No comments: