Saturday, March 3, 2012

Planning a big trip

The other day I was talking to a friend at work about my "dream  board"  this is a big bristol board where I put photos and copies of things I want, or want to happen.  So I was adding my house, the one I found a floor plan for that I really like and is in my price range (when I get that far) and is going to be mine.  He asked what else is on there, well a picture of Disney with a kid having lots of fun, the car I want, a few other  things.  So 30 seconds later my phone badabings at me, I have a message. We finish or conversation and I check my message. It's my sister, she thinks we all should go to Disney this Christmas.  The 4 of them, my parents and me and Jackson.  Huh.  My friend, when I told him, said I should put winning the lottery on my board...

Now I'm in the process of figuring out if I can afford this.  How much will it cost? My parent's are retired so they are in charge of researching where to stay, my sister and I think we should rent a house with a pool as it would be cheaper than staying at Disney itself.  I'm sure we can find something with 4 bedrooms that would work for us.  Then the flight, we can fly direct from Ottawa to Orlando which is great, I'm hoping Jackson does well on the plane, and I do.  I haven't flown in a long time, and I was normally pretty good at it, never bothered me.  But I have a kid now and am much more aware of what can go wrong for some reason.  We also need to get passports.  I wonder what that will be like, getting his picture done?  I am hoping there are no issues with travelling with him, there is no father listed on the birth certificate so I don't think it will be an issue, I will of course take the birth certificate as well as the passport just in case.  I do not want any issues!

I think it will be a lot of fun. Of course it has made me have to change my baby 2 plans.  This cuts into the budget I was working on for that, and timing wise I don't want to be just after an IUI or first trimester and going on this trip.  So I will have to consider all of that. 

Now I'm off to put my head on a photo of someone winning the lottery and getting the giant cheque for $50 million... wish me luck ;-)

No comments: