Thursday, November 21, 2013

Imagination

Jackson seems to have inherited my love of imaginative play. I have always enjoyed pretending, I used to dress up and pretend to be all kinds of things, I would reenact movies, tv shows, books. I would pretend to be a character in a show.  The past week or so Jackson has had us reenacting shows we've watched, most notably Dino Dan where he plays the dinosaurs and I get to be all the other characters. We even re-did the Santa visit. Both of us took turns being Santa and the other being the little kid. I refrained from sitting on his knee and sat beside him instead.  I was told my desire for $1 million for a gift was not a present and had to pick something more toy like. I enjoy it, but also find it somewhat silly and have a hard time getting into it. I'm not sure at what point I lost that ability, but I am trying to recapture it.  I will say though that I wouldn't mind if he would get to a point where he can play like that by himself.  I'm sure he will.

We have a busy time coming up, so we went to see Santa last night. Jackson asked for the garbage truck play doh, two mighty machine movies (the only two he doesn't already have) and switch and go dinos. Luckily I knew this already and have ordered (and received) the gifts already, so we are set. I just need to pick up a few things for stockings and myself. I always get myself new socks, weird but true! I have been trying to get everything done since the surgery is coming up. I won't be able to carry anything too heavy so we'll be putting up the tree this weekend. I am not sure where to put it but we'll figure it out.

I am a little nervous about the surgery. I know it's laproscopic, and I go home that day. I should be able to walk and stuff pretty quick, and hopefully I'm not too drugged up from the anesthetic. I am scared it will hurt a lot, but hopefully it won't be as bad as the last attack I had.

My parents are coming down on Thursday and will go home Monday. That is great, and also sucks. I love my parents but I like my space, and life the way it is. When they are here things get changes. They already have a bunch of stuff planned for the weekend, which is great for Jackson, but one of the things they are doing is a birthday party for him at my sister's. And that irritates me. He is my kid and I should be at his parties. Hopefully I will be up to it, even if I can't really eat. I know I should just be grateful that they are coming and will be taking good care of Jackson. But I just am annoyed.

I am still hoping to try for two. But since my cycle is totally messed up, I'm on day 31 now, I have no idea what's going on, or if I'll be able to. I know I should get checked out, especially before I get too attached to this idea, but I'm a little scared. I don't want to know, but I need to.

No comments: