Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Christmas Season

How did I forget about how busy this time of year is? From the start of December and getting ready for the birthday party, to getting ready for the big day, it is non-stop! I look forward to the weekends which seem to be slower than the weekdays for some reason. Only one week to go! I actually booked a few days off in order to get everything done, It doesn't seem like enough though. I hate feeling so overwhelmed by everything. The house is a disaster, there are so many toys all over the place, and I don't even know where to begin but it needs to get organized. So baby steps, starting this weekend. We don't really need to do anything this weekend, though if the weather is nice perhaps we'll get out for a bit.

Still no snow! Knock wood. I am not sad that we may actually have a green Christmas this year. I didn't hire a snowplow service this year, so I am glad for any extra days I get without having to shovel. It would be nice for kiddo to have to play in, but I am quite sure we'll get lots. Since the dog is gone the backyard would actually be fun to play in this year too.

My parents are coming to visit over the holidays, they will stay with my sister and her family, we have too many cats and my dad has allergies. Plus they don't like the way I keep house so it works out for the best. I prefer it really, I like my space and don't like to share. I have a hard enough time sharing with my kid. They will come for dinner on the 24th and come on the 25th to see Jackson with his gifts. Then we go to my sister's for dinner on the 25th. And hope she does something good. I am supposed to take dessert, which I will pick up on the 24th on my way home from work I think.

Jackson had a hard time deciding on what he wants this year, I am honestly not really sure what he does want from Santa, but I am sure he will love his gifts any way. I got myself a calendar and he made me something in school. I also did a stocking for myself, so there will be something for me. I would much rather watch him open his gifts, and see his eyes when he gets his presents. But if I don't have a stocking he will be suspicious.

I have one more day of work this week, am off until Wednesday, do a half day Thursday with Jackson at work (so no real work), then I'm off until January 4th. Jackson may go to day two days over the holidays, but we'll see. I don't think we'll be sledding this year, so perhaps we'll go to swimming or something. I am sure it will be so nice to just relax for a bit and not really do anything. For both of us!

No comments: