Sunday, April 10, 2016

April Showers... or snowstorms

The weather has sure been terrible this April! We have had more snow this month than in December. Crazy. It's been cold and not very nice. I am hoping it will warm up this week. I want to get out on the bikes! Get out walking more, to the park more, all of that nice spring and summer stuff. We did get to the park one night after dinner, two of his friends were there too so that was nice. He ran around a lot, and fell asleep quick when he finally got to bed. But the next day it snowed, again. Yuck.

This weekend he had a friend over, pretty much his first real play date. It was kind of funny to me. Jackson has a lot of toys, like way way too many toys. The other kid was all about the video games. Jackson does have a Wii and about 3 games. They played two of them, and played a bit of hide and seek, which is tricky with two kids. Also a round of Mouse Trap. That's it! All these toys and the only comments from the other boy were on the fact our TV is so much smaller than his, and that the toys were no fun. I guess I am very happy my kid does love to actually play still. He uses his imagination and plays with toys. Mind you he uses all the toys, makes a huge mess, but he does do it.

We went to another open house today. Lovely house, one of the ones I really like. I was happy to finally see the inside of one. But of course I can't buy just yet. And it wasn't perfect. It needed some updates, new appliances I think, a few other things. It was also on a busy main street, and a little over priced I think. I still can't tell if I want to buy an older place or something new. I have time.

Back to work and school tomorrow. I had a sort of interview for a position on a new team, they'd be doing some projects and interesting stuff. I hadn't heard anything last week. Hopefully this week! At least just say no if that's the answer. I am planning to take August off again, and in July will probably be covering for someone else. I hope I will have something new by the end of summer any way.

Jackson is still learning a lot at school. He loves to learn new things, and it's pretty cool to see how well he's doing with the reading, and math. They are starting their health education, learning all the proper names of body parts and such. I'm not sure how indepth it will be. Should be interesting though, since he has the story of his creation (nice man who gave mommy a seed to plant in her belly... may need to update that if he learns too much this year!).

We have 6 weeks until our trip, I cannot wait! Four night cruise and 3 nights at Disney, it is going to be so great. I hope it's relaxing, and fun, and everything. I do wish I'd lost some weight before we go, but I am still happy to be going. At the rate this spring is going we may still have snow...

No comments: