Thursday, September 28, 2017

Activities

Normally I hate doing anything in the evenings after work/school. I prefer to plan things for weekends, and even then I am not keen but have tried to do things so kiddo gets experiences. This year I signed him up for swimming on Tuesdays and just put him into floor hockey Wednesdays. I have to stay and watch him swim, but the floor hockey is two hours and a drop off sport. It is kind of nice to be able to drop him off and leave, get the groceries done, take the dog for a long walk, whatever I want to do. We only have 10 weeks of this, so I can do it! He enjoyed the first day of floor hockey yesterday, though he thinks the other kids should aim better so they stop hitting him with the ball. He will be missing the last swimming class since we are going on a cruise around then. We are looking forward to the trip, but a little worried since we are supposed to go to the Eastern Caribbean and so many of the ports have been devastated by hurricanes. 

There was a flyer sent home about a musical theater workshop, 3 hours Saturday mornings to do singing, dancing and acting... I really want him to do it :-) But I'm not sure he really wants to do it. We will discuss it this weekend, I can't sign him up until next week any way.

I started a new position, same level, same pay, same employer, but a new location and a new project. It's interesting so far, but some of the people I am working with are new to the employer and they don't get it yet. One is ex-military, so that is proving interesting. Things in the private (or public) sectors are different from military. He expects orders and to be in charge, but things work more collaboratively, and it's more about facilitating discussions rather than giving orders and expecting reports. We'll see how it goes. One good thing is it is a temporary move, so if it goes well I can work to make it permanent, but if not I can retreat to my old job.

The weather has been very hot the past few weeks, hottest days of the year. Strange for Canada! Today it's back to more normally temperatures, so of course my head is about to explode. Weather causes me migraines for sure. I hope it improves so I can do some things today. I'm supposed to be at work but am not because of the headache, and I am wondering if Jackson is going to make it through the day. He says he hasn't been feeling well. I know he is very tired, staying up too late, getting up too early. I may need to change my work hours a bit so he can sleep in later. We'll see how the next week or two goes.

No comments: