Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Oh covid

 We had a great summer, lots of outdoor stuff, went to the local water park a number of times. Lots of being around people and in some crowded places. School started in September and he hasn't made it a full week yet, well maybe once or twice. He has trouble with sleep and often doesn't get enough. A few things have changed, when he stays home I tell him to pretend I am in the office. He is 12 and perfectly capable of making his own lunch etc. We have had to meet with the social worker at the school a couple times, but he finally got off the attendance issues list, and then... covid. Sigh. He stayed home Friday before Halloween and Halloween itself. Though he did go trick or treating. When he asked to stay home again Tuesday I made him take a test. Positive! Oh I felt a bit bad then, he had probably exposed all his friends, and of course was validly sick. So he stayed home the rest of the week. There was some strike stuff happening and the school was closed Friday, yesterday was supposed to be online but he didn't log in, and today he stayed home again. He is testing negative so can go. I tested positive on Saturday and am so tired. I can't even explain how exhausted I feel. I tried to work today, made it a couple hours and then lay down for a nap and was out for the count. I have been bad about cooking while I've been sick, ordered too many times. Thank goodness for some delivery stuff though, able to order from the drugstore, pet store, groceries, all of it. Made it much easier to deal with. I hope I am better tomorrow and able to work the whole day. It's really busy and I know they are missing me.

Jackson's school plans a big trip for grade 8, 3 days to Toronto to do all the stuff, the zoo, wonderland, CN tower, everything. I am sure it's not cheap, my parents paid the deposit for the trip, and hopefully it's not too much more. Then of course it will be a lot of extra money to take and spend there. He'll have fun, it'll be great. 

I am still hoping we will be able to go on our cruises in April but it becomes less and less likely. I am still hoping for a promotion. I made it into a pool but haven't heard anything since. I hope I get the higher level, I know I would be able to do it and be great at it. And I need a change. My new manager is great but there is so much happening and I have Ideas, things that need to be changes/updated/improved and that would be possible at the higher level. The extra money would be nice too. I have done a bit of acting for my manager when she's off, which is a nice little boost every so often. But a raise would be nicer. Hopefully the union negotiations will only take another few months so we may get back pay in 6 months? a year? hopefully less. 

I just want to feel like I can stay awake for more than a few hours at a time. It's funny because I have all the boosters except I got the regular one two weeks before they offered the bivalent and I had to wait until mid-November to get that one. Now we have to wait 3 months to get the next one. He was going in two weeks for his 4th dose. Oh well. I am glad that I have them, I hope it's helping me recover faster. He is much better and was hardly even really sick. More of a cold. Me? Ugh. I have had some digestion issues with it too, so then I wonder if it's just covid or something else. Who knows, all I know for sure is I feel terrible. Still. Saturday was the worst but even today I am still in rough shape. This is it, can't last forever. 

No comments: