Saturday, September 22, 2012

Men are...

Stupid.  At least so it seems to me lately.  There's a guy at work, older, nice, or so I thought.  Over the past year or so he's done odd things, sending me lottery ticket numbers, promising to share the winnings, buying me a gift at Christmas.  A lot of it I thought was because he felt sorry for me, being a single mom seems to be something people feel bad about for some weird reason.  I've been nice in return, it's not like I'm going to be rude.  But it got a little weird when he started avoiding mentioning anything to do with me to his wife, who works on the same floor as me (and him at the time).  He didn't want me to tell anyone if he did something for me. 

Then he came over to see my new car. I thought ok, he doesn't work in the same building any more, so whatever, he can come see the car.  He brought Jackson timbits, and then came in for a bit, which was a little weird but whatever, he came all the way over.  Jackson enjoyed him, as he does anyone who visits and pays attention to him. 

Then last weekend he sent me an email asking if he could come over for dinner, order something in, he'd leave right after we ate.  Ok, weird.  He's married.  That sounded rather datelike to me.  I didn't reply to the email.  We went on our merry way, Sunday at the store doing groceries my phone rang and I answered it. It was him.  Wanted to know if his email had made been inappropriate, then if we could go for coffee.  I said no because I was out doing groceries. And that was it.  But then he emailed me twice.  I never replied. And again this week he has emailed me at work, and I have not replied.  What could I say?  I didn't know for sure he was being an idiot, only that it made me feel uncomfortable and I figured some time perhaps I'd be able to actually say something that wouldn't be mean.

Then tonight he sends me this "When I called last weekend, I was trying to determine if I was bothering you...I guess I'm a little slow. I obv put you in a very uncomfortable position...been fighting whatever it is I have been feeling for a while and was part of the reason I changed jobs. Really didn't want to hurt you...I'll go far away now..."  Umm really?  Perhaps he needs to talk to his wife before deciding how he feels.  Honestly, I don't even know what to say to that, or to say anything at all.  So men are stupid, and I don't like it. 

I have been very happy in my little life, man free. Not having to deal with any of this crap. I like being single, I love being a mom, I love being a single mom and not worrying about men or dating or any of it. I don't want to date, I don't want to be in a relationship.  Even if I did want to date, I certainly would never go for a married man!  And not this man in particular any way.  And being a wuss who hates conflict I don't want to deal with this particular issue.  The man changed jobs to escape me!  Come on. 

I had to write it down, tell "someone".  I worked with him, he knows everyone I know at work and they know him.  It's just so wrong.  Now back to my regular life...

1 comment:

Selkie Mom said...

It always surprises me when I realize someone feels bad for me being a single mom. I don't it was my choice and I live it. Good for you in avoiding a very weird situation but what kind of hot mama mojo are you sending out there to make this man change jobs lol.