Monday, September 3, 2012

Another too short long weekend

The end of another long weekend.  It was a good one.  I had Friday off but because Mea has been on antibiotics we didn't go down until Saturday morning so she could get her last doses.  Saturday morning we went shopping and earned a bunch of points, got some awesome deals and then came home, put it all away and packed up the car.  We left at 9:30 and got to Nanny's just after noon, in time for lunch.  Jackson started talking and didn't stop the whole time.  He was very tired tonight and fell asleep super quick in his own bed.  I guess he also likes being in his own bed, like me.  I will also sleep very tonight I'm sure.  I have tomorrow off as well, it was a last minute decision and I'm not keeping him home.  My plan is to get some purge and decluttering done.  Hopefully I can do a good job.  And maybe take a nap :-)

Jackson was really good at my parent's.  We went for brunch on Sunday, it was a buffet and he did quite well.  He ate quite a bit and enjoyed it.  We drove my new car and my parent's said it's quite roomy and comfy for them too.  I'm enjoying the car, it's nice to be in something safe and with great mileage.  I also liked the way it drove on the highway.  And it put Jackson to sleep pretty quickly too.

On Mea - she is actually doing better.  Amazingly. I am still a little surprised, and also feeling slightly guilty.  If it was the antibiotics that helped, if I had done them sooner she'd have been well sooner. However I can't change that so we are just moving forward.  I'm feeding her at least one extra time a day the canned food, and bought her some kitten food to put some weight back on her. I am going to call the vet tomorrow to see if I can take her in to get weighed, I don't want an appointment, just to see if she's putting weight back on.  I think she is but she still has a way to go.  She needs to beef up though so she can build her muscle and be able to play again.  She is still staying low and sleeping more, but she is so much better at walking again, still a little weak but I'm thinking that's the weight loss and muscle loss. 

And that's about it I think.  Money is yucky, I am trying to stick to budget but between the cat and the car things are not going as well as I'd like.  Hopefully it's going to get better soon.  I have a bit of a stockpile of things happening, things I need but sometimes spend too much on, that I got on good sales with coupons too.  We have food to last at least a month, minus the milk which of course we need to buy fresh, and some veggies and fruit, but even fruit I have some frozen that can do if needed, same with veggies I guess.  And of course weight loss is not happening either, need to do something about that now.  All in all though it means baby 2 is probably another year off... by then I'll have the SP8 job permanently so money will be better, and last mat leave will be paid back, and hopefully we'll be in a position to be buying a house... at least that's the plan now! 

No comments: