Thursday, December 26, 2013

Ah Christmas

Age 4 is pretty awesome for Christmas time. He "gets it" and really was looking forward to everything, in the morning he enjoyed all the toys, and opening all the presents, as well as giving gifts to everyone. He had fun playing with his new dinos, watching his new movies and eating some treats and candy. He also had a lot of fun at my sister's for dinner.  I didn't really take any pictures, there was just not really any time!  He didn't get up too early, and fell asleep well the night before. He was so excited to see what Santa had left and was extra excited because there were a few things he hadn't asked for. I think next year will be just as exciting, unless someone gives away the secret in school.

I am off until January 6th, but daycare is actually open next week so Jackson will be going any way, I'm paying for it and he enjoys it. We are off together this week, tomorrow we are going to a movie, and the weekend will be our usual activities. I am also going to be looking into getting him into some martial arts sooner or later. He's 4 now and I think that's when it starts.

I got some nice gifts as well, more than I expected to get. I got stuff I wouldn't have bought for myself, which is I guess the point. I think my parents and everyone liked the gifts I gave as well. One thing my sister got me was a haircut gift certificate, so I'll make an appointment for next week to get that done, I hope!  I'll call tomorrow to get that scheduled.  A benefit of being off without kiddo.

When I return to work I'll be on a new team, doing a new job. A new start in the new year?  I wonder what else the new year will bring. I am hoping that by this time next year I'll be pregnant again, but I guess we'll see on that!  I've been taking magnesium at bedtime, it is actually helping me sleep, and keeping things regular as well. I hope it does help with morning sickness as I've read it will. I seem to be having a normal cycle and ovulation is supposed to be soon, I think I may use some of my cheap OPT's to see if I can catch it, just to practice. I'm temping and all of that. I will go for a checkup on my birthday in February and get a referral to the local fertility clinic. It's the only option here unless I want to travel, which I can't really do. I think it's about 4-6 weeks to get my first appointment, which I expect will be where I get sent for tests etc. Those will probably take another 6 weeks. Then I guess I'll get to know if this is possible, and start looking for sperm.  I can't use the same (known) donor I did with Jackson, so will need to find a new one, and that will be a new adventure. I hope to find one similar to who I used before, so I will probably take advantage of photo matching once I narrow my choices down.  In the end I am not that worried about it, everyone says Jackson looks like me any way, which I do agree with.

I am a little worried, I will be turning 39 in February, and 40 when baby is born (if I am so lucky). I really need to spend the next few months getting myself in better health. And I am worried about having two kids, balancing that. But I think at least the first year will be "easy" since Jackson will be in school while I am home on mat leave with the baby. Benefit of being in Canada, year long mat leave. Jackson being in school allows me day time to focus on the baby, and spend evenings giving him a little extra time and cuddles. I think Jackson will be a big help, and happy to help. Of course I may be wrong.

A little off the Christmas track I guess.  Sorry to get so off track. I am a little distracted I guess, with thoughts of how to get to where I want to be. My secret wish is for 3 kids, but I'm sure I can't handle twins, and even more sure I'll be too old to have two more babies. So I really need to get one more, somehow.

No comments: