Monday, May 19, 2014

Another Long Weekend

The weather is still a bit chilly, but seems to be warming up finally. We spent the long weekend down visiting my parents. It was nice, short and sweet. I hate the driving but we only do it a few times a year so it's worth it. Jackson loves his grandparents, and we have a good time. Jackson loves to play outside there, and enjoys going on walks with my dad. He gets a bit spoiled, always getting some kind of new toy. And of course enjoys the treats and things. I enjoy being able to sleep in, he goes to get my parents up. Though of course I hear him and don't really sleep after that but lazing in bed is fun too. He was pretty tired today, but didn't fall asleep in the car until we were almost home. He did fall asleep well tonight which is great, I hope I can as well, I may have a hard time falling asleep.

I have not lost any more weight, and am getting frustrated at the lack of progress. I will keep at the exercise, I actually am enjoying it. Tomorrow I will hopefully get up early enough to do a good workout. I also have my meals planned, so I hope I can stick to it and do well! I want to feel better and be able to keep up with the kiddo, especially with a cruise in the winter. I want to be able to wear a bathing suit and not feel like a sausage ;-)

I want to get Jackson some kind of slide play structure for the backyard. One is going on sale Friday that looks nice, and at $100 off I can pretty much afford. Hopefully I'll be able to fit it in my car, get it home, and put it together. I think it will make the summer better. A small pool will also be put back there. And that should be that.

The front yard will be getting some pots of flowers, we have the pots, I'll get the soil this week and then Saturday we'll get some flower to fill them up with. Jackson loves to pick out flowers. I will have to keep a tight reign on him, he tends to pick up and grab a lot of stuff. I am not going to spend a fortune on this! It's a few pots, some nice annuals, that's it. In purple I'm sure, that is his favourite colour after all!

I am once again in "I want a baby" feelings. I can't seem to shake the feelings, even though we can't afford it really, and I can't do anything about it. All in all it is frustrating. I wish I could just drop it and let it go. But I can't! I think about it most days, not all, I try not to think about it at all but I can't help it. I wish I could win the lottery, not a big one, just like $50k or something. More would be better of course but that would do wonderfully!  The only tickets I buy though are with work. So it will never really happen. Ah well, I'll continue to dream of it.

T-ball is going well, we've had one week so far. It was a lot of fun,chaotic and hilarious to watch. The kids do not have a clue what's going on and are out in the field daydreaming. They hit the ball and don't know what to do next. We practiced at my parents a bit but he'll still forget I think. I have to bring the snack, so bearpaws it is! I am not a baker or homemade snack maker. Bearpaws and apple juice, voila! Snack time.

No comments: