Friday, May 23, 2014

Play Time and Being Active

I was feeling bad that Jackson doesn't really have anyone but me to play with, and I'm not that much fun all the time. I mean sometimes I have to do things like the laundry, dishes, cooking. And sometimes, I admit, I'd rather just sit here and veg out. I signed him up for t-ball so he could get some activity, also swimming lessons for a few weeks. And today I bought him this thing for the backyard.

I put the darn thing together myself, it actually wasn't too hard, and he loves it. So we are happy. And the boy will be able to play out in the backyard with that and the sandbox. I hope to get a small pool for the summer but no real rush as the weather has not been at all hot enough. You can see the garden in the back which also needs to be planted still.  We'll work on that and the flower pots in the front this weekend. I am not sure if the play structure will last more than a year or two, but based on the ads I've seen I should be able to sell it for close to what I paid for it, which is awesome.

I am trying to be more active, with getting up to exercise, and just getting out for walks and such on the weekend. But I admit, I have a long way to go! And the boy is much more active than I am. He has so much energy. I am sure he will enjoy the climber all summer long. I need to get it put in a nice spot but it's easy enough to move around when I need to mow the lawn.

I have to say, getting this thing home and put together was one of those times I thought it would be nice to have a man around. But then I did it all myself, and am high fiving myself because I rock. I did it myself, it's all me! And I did it, I can do it, I can do all kinds of things, on my own.

No comments: