Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

Our holidays were a little subdued this year, my parents didn't come to visit. We did go to my sister's place for dinner, but otherwise we were home for pretty much all the time. It was quiet but nice. Jackson of course got a lot of toys, and had a lot of fun opening gifts. He was quite excited about Santa coming, and left out 4 cookies. He was thrilled to see that Santa ate 3 of them and left one with a bite out of it. I guess Santa got full. We didn't have any milk in the house so we left some water, I think Santa probably appreciated the change. Jackson ate a lot of junk on Christmas day, candy, chocolate, chips. And then a lovely dinner at my sister's. He ate turkey and gravy, peas, mashed potatoes and hash brown casserole. That night, around 2:30, he threw up. He is such a big boy, he went to the bathroom on his own and threw up in the toilet. Twice. I put him back to bed after the first time with a little bit of water, and checked his temperature.  No fever. After the second time I gave him a gravol and he slept until almost 9 am! That is unheard of, and the only day over our time off that he slept so late. Every other day it was 6:30 or 7. He complained of a sore stomach off and on, but no other symptoms, and he seemed to be fine otherwise, though he ate little since he was worried he would be sick again.

Today he is at daycare, They are open over the holidays, though I think fewer kids get sent in. Since I have to pay for it any way I send him. I think he has fun, and it is a little break for us. I have some plans to do things like clean the house, get a hair cut, go for a massage. I may leave the house today, other than to get him there and back, but I'm not sure yet. We got Netflix, and I am liking it. I am also loving my Google Chromecast, which lets me watch Netflix on the tv from my computer. We watched a lot of Dinosaur Train yesterday, and I am watching some not good for kids movies today.

On Christmas Eve, I finally settled our trip plans! We are going on a cruise. We are going to travel south and I am crazy excited! We will be going to Nassau, San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk. I cannot wait to sit on some beaches, build sandcastles, swim, eat! Jackson is also very excited. I suspect the ship will be lacking in young children, but we will manage quite nicely. I think he will enjoy the kids club more that way any way, more attention, perhaps a couple friends. We arrive in Florida two days before the cruise, so we will hopefully stay in Disney and go to Animal Kingdom, though we still haven't booked that bit of it. It is going to be a somewhat lean trip, I won't be able to get many souvenirs, or fun extras, but it should still be a lot of fun, and hopefully the first of many. The cruise is paid in full, and the flights. Just the hotel bit at the part, and a few little things like transfers to the port and excursions to worry about. Either way, we will have fun, and it will be a great vacation. Only 32 days away.

No comments: