Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Grade 4!

Jackson has started grade 4. He is doing French Immersion this year, it starts in Grade 4 at his school. He has half the day in English and half in French. He was quite pleased with who his teachers are this year, seems to like them all (so far). He has 4 teachers! Seems like a lot but I think it will be good for him. if there is one he doesn't get along with very well then he only has her for a short block.

He has first block in English - language, religion and family life. Second block is in English as well but with a different teacher, just for math. After lunch he has his Immersion class for science, phys ed, health, music and dance. Then last block is a different French teacher for language, social studies, visual arts and drama. He has friends in his class, as well as his Immersion class which is a different group than the other classes.

He does not like school, doesn't want to go, but hopefully it will go ok this year. He has two weeks of after school daycare and then he will be walking home. I have to sign some forms, but he is very excited for the responsibility. I got a lock box for the front door so he doesn't have to carry a key, just remember the code. It should work ok to start at least. We can see if it is going well or if we need to do something else. He will still have before school daycare because I don't trust him to leave the video games in time to get to school. We will see about next year!

I go back to work tomorrow, so am enjoying a final day off without kiddo, able to watch some something on TV, other than him playing video games. After this, no breaks until the long weekend in October! Ugh. I have enjoyed the time off. I wish it was longer, yet it was quite long. I think the pets are going to be sad tomorrow, especially the dog who spends the day in his crate. Hopefully he'll be able to be out soon, but right now he is just a terror! :-) He gets into stuff, loves to shred tissues and paper, and will do his business when he feels like it, so if I'm not home to let him out he won't hold it. We are working on that! He's good in his crate so I know he can do it, just doesn't like to I guess.

It's back to school and the temperature is hot, heat warnings in effect. At least kiddo's class room is air conditioned, not all of the rooms are. I imagine it will be hot at recess and if he decides he wants to walk home today. I give him the option these few weeks as practice. At least we are doing some walking.

No comments: