Sunday, November 18, 2018

Explosive

We had an interesting week. It was a little rough in spots, when the internet shuts off and Jackson feels he should still be able to use it. I have left him his iPad for the most part, with a shut off before bed. We had a few good days. In particular Wednesday was great. We had to go boot shopping, which was fun, we went all over the place and ended up at a mall where we had dinner and then tried on more boots. Finally got a nice pair, cost more than I wanted. But on the way home we had a good talk, and he said he thought maybe he shouldn't play on the xbox during the week. He was good about that, and only played today.

As soon as he turned it on, it was like he was back in that rage explosion. He was rude, and again with the language. It's the xbox then. He was agreeable to only using it on the weekend, though I'm not sure how long that will last. I will have to set a stronger limit on it, because it really is detrimental to his well being, and my own sanity.

Parent teacher interviews were ok. They are trying to help him, which is good to see, but I'm not sure the methods will really help. He doesn't really respond to sticker chart style rewards. And he doesn't always understand why he's in trouble for things. I have a bit of a plan for it, and read a really good book that has steps to help. I will be following that plan and working with him to problem solve and try to figure out how to stop the explosions.

We chatted today a bit about having a sibling. I asked him if he'd be ok with no trips for a few years if we had a baby in the house. He was not ok with that idea. He seems to think we won't be able to afford to eat (which is silly) and he wouldn't get time to play his xbox (which is being cut back any way) or I'd be too busy paying attention to the baby to have time for him. Of course it isn't his decision but knowing his fears I can perhaps help to allay them. And of course there is the cost to figure out any way. It's expensive to do double donor. I'm not sure I'll be able to afford it. Not that I can afford a trip for awhile any way, but they are cheaper than this method of having a baby.

No comments: