Friday, February 1, 2019

Steady On

I've been doing pretty well with keeping up with the exercise. I'm not doing a lot but have been trying to do something, even when I can't get up early enough to do it, but do it after dinner. That is hard sometimes, but I've been doing at least 5 days a week. It's only been 3 weeks so far but going well! I am feeling more able to keep  up. The problem this week was my knees hurt, so I guess I was doing something too much. I've also been doing weight watchers online, though not perhaps as well as I should be. It's frustrating and a lot of it feels like I'm eating wrong, so it's hard to keep up with. We'll see how it goes. I only signed up for 3 months. I am not sure I am learning anything from it.

Winter has been rough. It has been very cold, and a lot of snow! It is unusual for so much snow in such cold temperatures here, I guess that's climate change? It is going to warm up next week for a few days. I've had to shovel a lot, which is annoying! I will try and hire someone next winter, at least I can see this year who is doing a good job so I know who to hire.

Work is work. It's been a struggle sometimes. My boss is a bit nuts, and things on the project are not really going well with her involvement. I may have some choices coming up in regards to positions, we'll see what happens. I have asked my boss if I can work from home in the morning and still work a full day. She has to talk to her boss apparently. The reason I want to is all for the child. He hates daycare but I don't feel he is ready to get himself to school. So I am trying to solve the problem, though really I just want to tell him to get over it. Apparently that's not how it works? I don't know! Any way. If it works out great, and if not I will have to re-evaluate my options. I like being able to work the extra 30 minutes most days so that I can use the banked time for PD days. Hopefully I'll be able to save up enough vacation to still take 3 weeks off this summer without having to take unpaid leave.

We are going to Disney in August, but I have changed us from one resort to a less expensive one. It is less convenient to the parks but still has a water slide, some nice places to eat and we'll be staying in a new room. It should be nice, and fun! I imagine it will be the last time for awhile. We will stick to cruising after this. Four years ago is when we went on the first trip... and I am still hooked!

Jackson has been having some issues, I still hate the xbox, and I am not sure I like him even having one. However, I can't bring myself to have the fight and take it away. I have limited how much he can use it, but we still fight about it constantly. If I am able to change my work arrangement, we will hopefully be able to have fewer fights. Right now, I'd like to go to bed and he wants to play his game. I'd also like to be able to catch up on some TV as well. Perhaps I need to get another TV for me? I don't like them in bedrooms but... maybe being able to watch Netflix in my room wouldn't be so bad?

I meet again with the school next week, on my birthday actually. Hopefully it goes well, just a touch base and meet the new vice principal. He started the new year doing well but I think it may have gone downhill from then. He has sick two days last week, then we had a couple snow days, and I missed  a week of work! Terrible. If he didn't have to go to daycare I think he wouldn't be sick so often. I am sure it's more that he hates school than anything else.

At least it's the weekend!

No comments: