Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas 2019

Another Christmas. This one went pretty well this morning, especially compared to last year. Kiddo got things he hadn't asked for but said if he had known he would have asked for them. So that was good! He is playing video games with his friends now, we will head to my sister's this afternoon for dinner and to play some games. He got a few, cribbage, chinese checkers and backgammon. Classics. He got some chocolate bars, some candy of course, and some star wars things. He got two posters for his room, and I got him a weighted blanket which I hope will help him sleep! My parents got him a chromebook to take to school. I wouldn't buy it for him. I just hope he doesn't lose it or have it get stolen or something. Fingers crossed!

My parents were generous to me as well, they got me a really cool red keurig mini, a new fitbit and they are paying to have someone come spend two days getting rid of "stuff" from my house. Which is really cool. She is coming on the 28 & 29th, I am hopeful it will make a difference, and we'll be able to be more comfortable. The lady is great, she has a lot of energy and is very into it. Plus she takes all the stuff away, which is great.

For dinner this year we are having pasta, with a bunch of toppings and sauces, rather than a turkey dinner. I had planned to get a turkey to do for us but never got around to it, so we'll wait I guess, and see what happens. I may get one after Christmas, but we have a few meals in the fridge to cook and eat, so I don't want to waste that. I ordered a meal box this week, to avoid having to shop, but still ended up going for groceries, so that didn't work as well as I hoped! But we have 3 healthy meals for later this week. I will go and get a few other things later this week, pet food mostly. And probably some lunch items for him.

In January and February we will be on a "no buy" challenge, only getting things we NEED. As I try and pay a few things off, and save up to move. That may carry over into March. I will have to stop imagining we can go away at March break though. I love to plan trips, even when we can't actually go on them.

Now I could use a nap! I didn't sleep well, kept expecting him to get up early. He always has a hard time sleeping on Christmas Eve but did well last night. I could really use a nap though. Perhaps I will go lie down for a bit, we have a few hours before we head out again. At least we have two weeks off, no school or work until January!

No comments: