Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter 2020

Our normal Easter is with my parents, normally a big dinner with family, lots of talking and laughing. Today was different. Kiddo woke up at 4 AM and did manage to go back to sleep (thanks to Kit Kat who snuggled with him), and then got up at 7. He found the few Easter eggs I had hidden around the house, ate a lot of candy, and I went back to bed! I really overslept, and got up in time for lunch. Around 4 we did a group face time chat with my parents, my sister and her house, and my niece. It was nice to see everyone, and chat.

After the chat I made dinner, ribs and pasta for the boy, some stuff from the freezer for me. It was good, nothing special. All the days seem to blur together now so it's hard to say really that it was special or not. Everyday is pretty much the same, except the ones I have to work from 7 to 3:30. Which is a few days away again.

The animals enjoy us being home, the cats like to sleep near us, the dog is happy to not be confined all the time. I wonder how long it will last. But I wonder how long this will last for many reasons. I am fully expecting to not go back to the office until at least September. Even if I can go in to work, will there be daycamps available for the summer? And will I be able to afford them now, everything just keeps getting more expensive. I have people say they just moved their gas budget over to pay extra for groceries, great but my gas budget is about $30 every two week as it is, that isn't making up the difference in grocery costs.

Oh well, we'll manage. I am thankful I have a job still, am getting paid, and have options for how to proceed. If my child wasn't quite so picky when it comes to meals I would be much happier. Where did I go wrong there... At least we are still eating. I am eating too much, it is really hard to stick to a diet at all. Exercise is hard to do as well, I have the time but lack the motivation, and the weather is still cool. I am trying to keep active, hopefully the weather will improve, and if I have until September, perhaps I will be able to really get in shape and lost weight.

Jackson commented yesterday that he wishes he could go to school. What a change that is, but really he wants to be able to play with his friends more than anything else. He misses them and the games they played. Hopefully things will lighten up eventually. I know, I see the meme's, we aren't being asked to go to war or anything, just to stay home.

I am concerned about the trip I have booked for December, hopeful we will be able to go, but realistic that it probably won't happen. I have two back up cruises in mind for December 2021 instead, options to look at once I know better what's going on and when life will return to new normal.

And so it goes. Easter is over, candy is eaten. We remain at home, and the family will get together when this is all over, hopefully before Thanksgiving.

No comments: