Sunday, April 10, 2011

My addictive personality

I tend to go over board on things.  When I find something I like, I obsess over it and want more and more.  It's probably a good thing I never started smoking or drinking. 

My latest obsessions, besides wanting to have more kids, are cloth diapers and baby carriers.  I have to control myself not to buy more diapers.  It's crazy, I mean how many can I possibly use?  We have enough to last 3 full days.  Now I've never really found one that will last over night, my boy is a heavy wetter.  So I could use that as an excuse, I'm just buying more to try and find one that works well over night.  But I am resisting.  My desire to save money and have another baby is stronger than my desire for more diapers.

Carriers.  I love my carriers.  I have a ring sling I used when he was little, a wrap I loved when he was new, and of course my Ergo and Scootababy, my two go to carriers.  The problem is that the Ergo is getting a bit small for my little giant.  So I am investigating toddler carriers... they are not cheap!  I can justify it that I'll be able to use it for a couple years, and they do have great resale value.  Plus when I have a number 2 I'll be able to use it again.  Right? 

Even things I can't buy I obsess over, I love, absolutely love, to look at floor plans for houses, house I can't afford and probably never would be able to afford.  I know exactly which house by which builder I would buy if I could.  For a few different price points lol.  Cars too.  I know exactly which car I want, if I win the lottery, and it's a nice practical one too, not some fancy sports car or anything. 

I have a list a mile long of things I want to get, things I think I need.  Things I know in my head I don't need, but that I want.  Because I want them!  I can't blame it on some childhood issue of not getting enough toys, or love, or something silly like that.  I had everything I wanted, everything I needed.  It's just me, the way I am.  When I want something I don't let it go.  Well, until I find something new to obsess over :-) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trust me - you're not alone in wishing about 'wants' and not being satisfied with satisfying just your 'needs'. I have a list a mile long of things I would do if I wont the lottery. But no luck yet :(