Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!  (in Canada).  We're at my parent's place to celebrate, and both Jackson & I are sick... however we are on the mend.  Jackson has been sick for almost two weeks, doctor said it's just a cold, but he hasn't been getting better.  He seems to finally be on the mend, some fresh air and lots of sleep seem to help.

We went apple picking yesterday and he seemed to quite enjoy it, he was pulling apples off the trees left right and centre!  Lots of fun.  He was quite the handful and I'm glad my parents were along to help wrangle him.  Today he went for a walk with my dad and I, to the park, and down to the dock to see the boats.  He loves watching the water and was chattering non stop the whole way.  He is a real chatterbox lately!  Tonight he also went out on the back deck to look at the moon with my dad.  He is suddenly dragging everyone around by their finger when he wants to go in a certain direction or do something specific.  It's cute, but also a little annoying lol.

Had a great turkey dinner, he ate turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes.  I enjoyed all the rest of the fixings as well.  And had a late dessert of apple cobbler, made from the apples we picked yesterday. Mmm mmm.  Lots of left overs to take home too :-)  Love leftover turkey! 

We'll go back home tomorrow mid-day, nap time. Hopefully I feel better because driving with a cold is not that much fun.  And it's a 3 hour drive.  But we'll manage, and the cats will be happy to see us home.  Then it's back to work Tuesday... yay?

On that note... bed time soon so I can hopefully get a good night sleep and feel better.

No comments: