Tuesday, October 4, 2011

That 19 kids show...

I have to admit, I love the show.  I'm not sure why, I mean they are not at all like my family, and I couldn't live like that.  I think it has to do with the fact the kids are so well behaved, well they seem to be at least lol. Every time I watch the show I want more babies... though I don't want a husband :-)  I told a friend, if I won the lottery, and won the big $50 million, I would have lots of kids.  I would like to have more even without winning the lottery lol, but probably not 19. 

They have some interesting ideals, but they also do some interesting things.  I mean besides all the travelling, they do play and have fun, and they are free to be kids.  Well the younger ones any way.  The older ones I think spend too much time taking care of the little ones.  I do think it's pretty amazing they have no debt, won their home and manage to be frugal, though I guess they have little choice in that, well perhaps now they do since they have the show and makes them quite a bit of money I'm sure.

I love that they do so much together as a family, and am jealous of the home schooling, and the number of kids :-)  But I couldn't do what they do, and I would do some things differently.  I have learned somethings from watching though, and find it fascinating.

In general I watch too much TV, and am on the computer/internet too much.  I let Jackson watch more than he should too, it's only recently that he is actually sitting and watching though.  And usually more so when he's tired.  I find it hilarious when he gets really into the shows and starts dancing and singing along, super cute!  Gosh I love that little boy.

I wish that I could follow some of the money ideas that the TV family, they seem to be really good at not spending too much (buying crap) and saving money.  I have managed to save buying new tires for my car, I was told if I get them rotated they should last at least another year... so that's $30 instead of $500... big savings!  But I do buy too much crap.  Stuff we don't need that I have to have.  My son has too many toys, I swore I wouldn't do that but I buy him things because I think he's so cute, and maybe he'll like it.  Books are ok, he can have lots of those.  I do love to read to him, and see him get it, understand what we're looking at, start to know what the letters and pictures are of.  But I have a lot of room for improvement. 

No comments: