Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sick baby vs Hyper baby

My baby has been sick pretty much since he started at the new daycare.  I expected it to some extent, all the new germs in his relatively virgin immune system.  He started out with some colds, runny nose, coughing, a bit of fever.  Had a gunky eye that I thought was pink eye but wasn't, and the cough remains.  And then Friday daycare called me to pick  him up because he had a fever at daycare and was out of sorts.  On Saturday I noticed some stuff in his right ear and went to pick at it, cause I do that lol, and he cried, a lot.  So off to the clinic we went.  They said he has an outer ear infection and prescribed drops, no more swimming lessons til it clears up, and off we went.  The drops are murder to get in his poor ear, he creams, cries, thrashes about, I'm sure they don't go in there very well at all.  He was worse on Sunday, fever most of the day that would not go down, and when he finally went to bed he slept until 10am Monday morning... this is a kid who is up by 7 unless he's extremely ill.  So I took him to his doctor yesterday, who checked him over and said, ear infection in the left ear... umm ok!  That's  the other ear... whatever... she prescribed anitbiotics.  I asked, pleaded for the twice a day kind but of course she wouldn't do it.  Pain in the ass if you ask me, three times a day is impossible, I have to wake him up when I go to bed to give him his last dose, and then expect him to go right back to sleep.  I'm in for a few tired days myself I think.  And the reaction!  He takes the meds no problem, he's quite good about taking medications, I think he'd drink the stuff if I let him, but these antibiotics... wow... he's a hyper little sleepless monkey!  He had no nap today, was running around like a hooligan, crazy!  I'm almost looking forward to going to work tomorrow so I can relax a bit!!  Hopefully they can handle him at daycare tomorrow,  yes he's going even though the doctor said to keep him home a couple days... he's obviously feeling a lot better so unless he has another fever tonight, we're both back on schedule.  I hope that this is the end of the illnesses, I hope he finally starts to feel better and we turn a corner and he gets well.  It's so hard to see your baby sick.  Though I did enjoy the extra cuddles, and am not enjoying the hyperactive kid lol, it is just so frustrating to see your baby sick. 

On another topic, I have decided to wait 10 months to start my journey to baby number 2.  I have set some goals for that timeframe, including a dollar amount to have in the bank and a pound amount of weight to lose.  That puts me as starting to try in September next year, or at least going for a referral to the clinic at that point.  I also plan to get a family doctor before then, and hopefully get the baseline tests done, all that day 3 bloodwork, to see where I'm at.  And I'll be charting the whole time as well. To hopefully get an idea of my stats and what I'm looking at. 

It's all very exciting and scary at the same time.  I like my life, with my little man who is so amazing and wonderful, and who brings my such joy. I need to get on track with a few things, and hope that I can follow through on my goals. 

No comments: