Saturday, November 5, 2011

Girl's Night Out

For the first time since my son was born I went out with some friends for dinner, and left him home.  My sister and my younger niece came over to stay with him, Jessica is 12.  I think she had fun but was a bit worried that he was bored and wanted to go to bed early.  My sister had gone home at that point to prepare for a short visit from my mom, and came back to help put him to bed.  I had hoped they would keep him up a bit, with the time change tonight, but alas he was in bed by 7:05. 

I had a good time, it was nice to be out, and have a nice dinner, take my time, and enjoy some good conversation (and gossip lol).  I will have to do it again, but think I need to find a babysitter I'll have to pay, that isn't related, since my sister and her girls are so busy they don't have time to come over.  It will be tricky since I'm not that comfortable with someone else in my home, or with my kid, so I'm not sure what I'll do.  Have to think about it I guess.  For this night out I had to book a week in advance :-)  My sister's girls are very busy kids. 

I have to admit I'm not really a go out a lot kind of a girl, never have been, so staying home with my kiddo is not a hardship. I do however like to eat out lol, which is something I need to work on any way.  I do like my friends, and have noticed that they have changed over time, as in I have new ones now that I am a mom than before I was.  It's funny too because the friends I have now who I am closest to were those acquantances I knew at work who were not as close.  Funny how things change.

The time change, it happens tonight, I hope it goes well.  He went to bed at 8:30 so I'm hoping he'll wake up at 7, rather than 6.  Cross your fingers!

On baby number 2 news, I've been tracking my temp with a BBT for a couple months now, and while it's great for showing me when my period is due... so far according to fertility friend on my phone, I've not ovulated once, I have to pretty lines on my chart.  It has me a little worried.  I am tempted to get some OPT's to check that way, though I don't intend to try right now, at least it might give me an idea if I'm actually ovulating.  Perhaps this week on payday I'll order some, hopefully they have a good expiry date and they'll be good a year from now when I do plan to try. 

1 comment:

bunintheovenplease! said...

I don't much like the thought of people I don't know in my house either!