Saturday, November 26, 2011

Visit with a baby

Jackson and I went to visit a friend today.  She and her husband (who wasn't home today) moved into their brand new house at the beginning of the month.  They have Emmy who is about 19 months now, and baby Cooper who was born Oct 14th.  So she has her hands full.  I was interested to see how Jackson was with a baby, and to see if I remembered anything about how to deal with them myself lol, my little man is such a big boy now I was worried I'd forgotten how to hold a baby and all that stuff.

Cooper is very adorable, he sure looks like his sister, you can really tell they are siblings!  I am very glad Jackson finally figured out how to say Cooper (he's been saying Pooper since I showed him a pic a month or so ago...)  That would have been embarassing!  I have to say though, as much as I want a second little one, I am glad I don't have number 2 yet. She seems really busy, and as she put it, she has very little time for herself now.  She does have a husband around to help of course, but I think she still have difficulty getting time for herself. 

I was able to pick the baby up and hold him, carry him up and down stairs (tour of their new house), and I probably could have done a diaper change if needed lol, course I still do those for Jackson so I'm in practice on that... I am a touch jealous, she is 41 now, and got married at 39, first baby, now second, brand new house... all the stuff I'm supposed to want I think. And some of it I do, minus the married part :-)  Her house is really nice, brand new, no fence yet though, which I would really want for the dog, laundry upstairs, I'd LOVE that.  new appliances, and all that nice stuff.  Main floor is very open concept, basement is finished into a family room.  Only issue I have, it's a townhouse, end unit, but still attached. 

I can't believe that in less than two weeks my baby will be 2.  He seems so grown up sometimes, so different from a year ago, it's amazing to watch him grow and develop.  He is so freakin cute :-)  And I love him, love being a mom.  Life is pretty good.  Even when it all feels a little overwhelming.  I cannot wait for Christmas vacation, we are off for 10 1/2 days together,  I do think it'll take 3 or 4 for me to relax and get into the routine of it, and then we can have fun with each other, and all his new toys ;-) 

No comments: