Friday, August 24, 2012

Car, Cat and bad news

I got my new car and I love it.  I went in Monday to talk about it and test drive, I took Jackson and he was actually really good.  He went on the test drive with me and it was good.  I was not too happy with the financing terms but it was the best I was able to do, and I can afford it, just means I'd better really use those coupons!  I picked up the car Wednesday, less than a week!  The funniest part is that Jackson still insists it belongs to "the man" and is not ours.  He's getting used to it but it is too funny. 

I also heard back from the vet on Monday.  Mea's anti-inflammatory are high, her protein is low, her liver & kidneys are fine, and her urine was slightly dilute.  Apparently her body is fighting something and it's causing her pain.  I was able to speak to the first vet who saw her, and she was not very optimistic.  Apparently Mea would likely not react well to the medicine they wanted to use for arthritis.  So.  She's on an antibiotic to try and see if it's an infection, as well as a pain med that she was on previously.  I am hopeful these will help, but if not then it is cancer and I will have to say goodbye. 

I am still not entirely sure what to tell Jackson, he knows that she is sick, and I have told him she is getting medicine but she might be too sick for it to work, and she may have to leave us and go to heaven.  I didn't want to use "the farm" because we actually go visit farms on occasion, I didn't want him to ask to, and expect to, see her again. Heaven is a vague term here, we haven't gone to church and I'm not sure he will understand it but I will explain that it's a nice place for Mea to go and live, to be able to play and sleep and have fun whenever she wants.  It will be hard on both of us I think.  I do believe I have seen some improvement in her but not much, and it never lasts long.  I think in another week I will know one way or the other.  The pain meds are only for a week, so if the antibiotics do work I should know by mid week. 

In better news, I heard back about the process I am in at work to keep my promotion, I was invited for language testing and told the next test will be one I've written before.  I am not going for the language testing, I do not speak French at all right now.  I checked my score on the other test and I've got more than is required, so I emailed the contact for the competition and they have confirmed I have the score I need, they have the record. So I am in.  Which is a relief, to get into the pool at this point pretty much means I'll be keeping this permanently.  Phew. 

So that's my week... Jackson has been really good the whole week and is still the light in my life, he makes me smile and is such a good boy.  We've been working on the terrible two issues, and it is going better, he is starting to listen and I'm giving him simple options to choose from, to allow him to feel in control.  Now to deal with the toy issue... every time we go shopping he believes he should get a new toy... which is of course my own fault but now it's a hard habit to break!


Our new car still wrapped in plastic

No comments: