Friday, April 5, 2013

Ah bedtime, wth!

I really really do not understand why my son does not like to go to sleep.  Seriously. I don't get it at all, have no clue and it drive me nuts, leaves me feeling angry and upset.  I can't imagine how he feels at the end of it, and I am just lost how to fix it. I almost wish he still had a bottle, at least he'd fall asleep! 

Tonight, being Friday, I thought I'd see if staying up a little would make it easier, so he got to stay up until 8:30, instead of 7:30 like normal.  Which lead to a bought of extreme silliness that drives me nuts, and he finds hilarious. End result, I yelled, he got upset, I put him in bed and told him I won't be back until morning.  Which of course isn't really true since I'm a big sucker.  But no more bedtimes snacks, I think they were making it even harder to fall asleep.  He isn't asleep yet, but he's not crying.  So where does that leave us?  Who knows!!  I just feel totally lost and have no idea what to do or try, how to proceed. I obviously can't let him stay up all night, he gets very tired at bedtime, and has a hard time getting up in the morning.  He still naps at daycare, but apparently gets really hot, so they have started taking his shirt off, which is now how he wants to go to sleep.

Perhaps it's because he fell asleep with the bottle so long, but I really don't think so. He fights sleep, he does not want to stop.  Seriously, he talks constantly, even in bed.  But once he's asleep, he is out. He sometimes wakes up because he has to pee, usually very early in the morning, but he'll go back to sleep, and stay asleep until about 7:30 or so. 

I just really can't take it, I have no patience left for this nonsense, and procrastination over sleep. I don't get it at all. I like to sleep!  I like going to bed, I like sleeping in.  This is just nuts.

No comments: