Sunday, January 12, 2014

Chatterbox

I am exhausted. The weather was not so nice yesterday, freezing rain and super slippery, so we stayed in. Today we went out to get groceries. We bought a lot of healthy stuff, fruits, veggies, meat, very little else but some pea soup he's been insisting he wants for lunch (they used to have it at daycare so I bought some, if he actually eats it I will make some, it can't be that hard!).  In the hours we've been awake, my little boy has talked, no-stop.  It is exhausting to listen to!  I am an introvert, I like quiet and solitude. I love my kid, love being with him, but oh my, there are moments when I wish he would fall asleep or just learn to read a book himself, or something!

He isn't shy either, he talks to everyone. We ordered a pizza last night (yeah I know, so not on the diet!) and he told the delivery guy all about getting his hair cut. Seriously the guy just wanted to get paid and get out! Then today at the check out line, he told the cashier that we were buying only healthy things, so no candy. And that mommy likes things like onions and salad but he doesn't. He likes kiwis though, and strawberries. And he's going to have a smoothie when he gets home. And on and on.  The check out girl was a good sport, I find some of them are, they all get this little amused smile as he chatters on.  He does this quite often when we shop, he will also talk to other shoppers, or comment on their carts, the lady behind us in line had a colourful cart. Turns out she was also the mom of another daycare kid so he felt justified in talking to her.  He really is a character.

I am glad he has a big vocabulary, that he can express himself and that he has no apparent issues with his speech. But man, sometimes I long for silence!  Even right now, normally I'd have the TV on but I've turned it off, I'll go to bed soon but I just wanted to hear no talking for a little bit.  Silence.  Ah.

We have had a good week with back to work and school. I think I am going to enjoy my new job, so far it seems to be something I can do and will be good at once I get access to everything and am able to read over the files I'll be in charge of. There was some aggression from him at bedtime, so we've moved it up earlier. It takes an hour to get him into bed and asleep, without a bath. It involves a lot of talking and "one more snuggle". He sneaks back down stairs at least once to watch something of mine while we snuggle on the couch. This has caused me to be sure and have the TV on HGTV instead of Grimm or Lost Girl.  And yesterday I cut his hair. I need to find some ear plugs for kids for next time so he'll let me use the clippers again because they are "too loud" and he cries when I use them, but they are so much faster and easier than using the scissors!  He has a little buzz cut now.

I'm still doing my supplements, and trying to stick to my eating. Obviously I make some mistakes, but in general I think I'm good 80% of the time. It was hard last week because I had a cold as well, new job, cold, yuck. I was in bed early, and up early, but no exercise really. I will get the yoga going again tomorrow as the cold has gone and I have more energy. I have some CoQ10 on the way, it was supposed to arrive Friday but with the bad weather got delayed. Oh well. I ordered some more magnesium as well, because it does seem to be helping with my sleep, so I'll keep up that habit.  And I don't want to run out before the new stuff arrives. Also some vitamin D as I realized the stuff I was using actually expired over a year ago. I take it in winter as I tend to get SAD and it helps, obviously fresher stuff will help more. I think the only thing I haven't really gotten to try is royal jelly, and I'm not planning to as it is quite expensive. The CoQ isn't cheap of course, but it was on sale and I have enough for 2 1/2 months.

Eating healthy does seem to cost more than our "normal" diet. We'll manage of course and it will balance out a bit, the oranges I bought will last a couple weeks, I bought two kinds of meat on sale, to put some away for another week. So it will be ok I think.  I am of course a sale shopper and coupon user as well.

Now I think I'll head to bed. According to my chart I ovulated at day 16, and it is now day 26. Past few cycles 26 days was how long my cycle was. And I have been irritated today, so that is one PMS sign I'll be starting tomorrow. But my chart predicts a 14 day LP of course, I think it's wrong though. Interesting to watch and see. If my temp drops I'll know for sure. It wasn't down today. I am interested to see a few cycles with temps.  And then to figure out what it all means.

No comments: