Friday, January 24, 2014

What a week

Work is still going well. I like the new position a lot more than my last one. The boss is easy to deal with, straight forward and appreciative of the work I do. The other people on the team are nice. The work itself I find doable, a little slow right now but I expect that it will pick up soon. The other team member who is working directly with me is on vacation for just over a week, then shortly after that she is moving to a new area. She's been doing this work for 2 years so felt it was time to move on. In any case, I'll be busier and happy for it.

I have been following my eating plan, it has been hard to turn down things, like french fries and potatoes, chocolate, all of that. But I am doing it, so I'm happy. I am taking so many supplements sometimes it feels like I take more pills than food!  But they are all for different things and some are short term. So I'll keep it up I guess. I am taking quite the handful of pills and there is one more I want to add. I take a multi vitamin and folic acid, which will be changing to a prenatal when the multi is used up. I take vitamin D because it's winter, and omega 3 (fish oil)  with my coQ10 since they are supposed to work better together. I finally found some ubiquinol and will switch to that once I'm done the first bottle. I also added in vitamin B6 and l-arginine, both of which are supposed to help egg quality and also with morning sickness and possibly pre-eclampsia which I had last time. The one I am debating on is inositol, also supposed to help with egg quality.  Then of course there is royal jelly, which is a little expensive, but perhaps might be a good addition.  I am also trying to eat well of course, but everything that can help at this point is something to try! I haven't even gotten an appointment yet!

I have lost 7 pounds so far, which is a good start, but I still have a long way to go.  I am finding at times I have a lot more energy, and other times I have none. It is kind of strange. Right now, I wish it was bed time! But it's not even close. Other than yoga I'm not doing much energy just now, I am mainly focused on de-stressing. I will work on exercise when I am down a few more pounds and after I feel like my stress levels are more manageable.

Jackson is being himself, he is a lot of fun but also a handful at times. Tonight for example he wanted hot dogs for lunch, I made them, and then he decided he wanted a tuna melt instead! No I only make you one dinner kid. So now he's complaining he's hungry because he didn't eat his dinner. He wants popcorn. I'm tired, and don't feel like dealing with this melt down. Seven is bedtime but I know he won't go to sleep right away. It will be 8 or later before he finally falls asleep. Some times I'm tempted to start bedtime even earlier to see if it gets easier. Who knows.

I am hoping to plan a trip to Florida for November, depending on how things go with my attempts, my work contract (it's in negotiations which would mean a substantial amount of back pay for me) and with how I feel about it all. It would be nice, but at 4 it may be too early to take him. I'll know by May if we'll be going or not. It does sound exciting though, and I imagine it would be a lot of fun.

No comments: