Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A long vacation

We are mid week two of my vacation, and I am relaxing, loving it, and dread going back to work in 28 days. That's 4 weeks. Ugh. I keep hoping I'll somehow win the lottery and not need to work any more. I just have a hard time spending the money on actually getting tickets. Since this is an unpaid vacation, my pay has gone down, but it is still manageable. I do really believe it is worth it though. Jackson has finally relaxed as well and is playing again which is nice to see. He does not want to spend any time at daycare, I can't really blame him. We had a really fun weekend. We went to parks and splash pads pretty much every day, and he had a lot of fun. He is going tomorrow as they have a field trip planned. It will be a small break for me. I look forward to it, and getting the laundry done among other things. Then Friday we go to my parent's until Wednesday.

Money is very tight and I wish we had more to really enjoy the time. But I realize that my kid loves to go to splash pads (free) and conservation areas (mostly free or very cheap) to see animals and have fun. He wants to spend time with me, and do things. I'm sure he'd love to do those expensive things, and trips, too, but at least he's happy to spend time with me for now.

Take today, it was pay day so we did groceries, not too much because we will be gone for a week, so nothing really fresh that won't keep. Then we brought everything home and went out for lunch, usually cheaper than doing dinner. After that we went to look at some model homes. We both enjoy going and looking around, though he gets a little over excited and doesn't remember that the furniture they use for staging doesn't come with the house, and we can't buy one now any way. But we also tend to agree on the houses. Except today, he fell in love with a house that has two balconies, the master is upstairs from the rest of the house, and it was a condo, which I do not want. We looked more because he wanted to see what they were like. And it's a time filler on a cloudy day. I think when we can actually buy I know where we will be looking. But I also know we could actually afford more if I was a little better with money, and a little less stupid in spending.

My goals over the next 6 months are go get some debt paid down, which will partly depend on getting our contracts signed so I can get some back pay, a raise and a special payout that will be a down payment for a house. I also am working on getting healthier, losing weight, being active! We need to spend less, and yet do more.  I'd love to find a new position at work, since it's a big agency I could find a new job and not have to move, stay at the same level. I just want to make sure it's one I will be able to take leave every summer, because I really do think this will be an annual thing.

I got him his shots yesterday, they are supposed to be done between 4 & 6, I waited until 5 1/2. Party so he would understand what's going on and be willing to sit for it, but also because I know it will be almost 10 years before he needs them again. He's all caught up now, and it was two needles at once. Nice the nurses did it at once, and he got a sticker for it. After we went for ice cream, he had his first Blizzard, loved it but didn't finish his mini! Then we went home and he was out of sorts the rest of the day. He was still sore this morning and got up at 5! I managed to convince him to go back to bed, and he slept until almost 9, which is unheard of!  He was better this evening, so I hope he will be ok tomorrow, and have fun at daycare.


No comments: