Sunday, February 14, 2016

Long weekend fever

Another February weekend. Supposed to be busy with a birthday party and an SMC get together. But instead I am wondering how to take sick kiddo to the store to pick up a few more things for him to help him get better. He was complaining Friday night that he had a sore throat. Since I have a cold I've been fighting I gave him some cold medicine and he went to sleep. Woke up early yesterday and was his usual self. He wouldn't eat breakfast, we had a fight about that, then went to run some errands and get me some more medicine. When we got home I offered him something else to eat. He asked for leftover pizza. I heated it up for him but he didn't eat it. I gave him some juice, didn't drink that either. He said his head and tummy hurt. I figured it was because he hadn't had anything much to eat or drink yet. So I made him some chicken noodle soup. Which he ended up throwing up.

Say goodbye to the birthday party. I tried to give him some chewable advils and he threw those up too. Managed to get him to swallow half an adult gravol, which seemed to help. He can't do the chewable things, they make him gag! Ugh. Of course that's all we have. But as he tells me, a fever helps your body fight sickness... far too smart for 6 my kid.

Told him if he didn't eat or drink something we'd have to go to the hospital, found some popsicles in the freezer, he ate 3 and felt better. Had a nap all afternoon, he is not a napper. Was up for a little bit in the evening and back in bed by 7:30. He got up at 7 this morning as always, still feeling hot to touch but didn't want to be in bed any more. So he's watching TV now.

And I need to find a way to get to the store to get him some liquid advil, the only stuff I have is expired two years ago. How does that happen? I'd also like to get more OJ and chicken noodle soup, and apple sauce I think. Maybe some more popsicles. This is one of those times it would be nice to have another adult in the house! Or at least one I can call to come stay with him for 30 minutes. But who do you ask to do that with a sick kid? Ugh. Couple more years I'd be ok to leave him alone for a little bit.

I really really hope he's better by Tuesday. We have tomorrow off for Family day, but I have work on Tuesday and am replacing my Director's EA. I can't really miss the days, and I don't want to. For the first time in ages I am actually liking what I do. And it's good exposure, I think my Director now knows who I am and perhaps that will help lead to something better for me. He's already volunteered me for a collaborative project with another area that I think would normally go to a Manager, which I am not. Of course kiddo is sick when I wish he wasn't. I had things planned to get done yesterday while he was at the party, which didn't happen. At least we did get some stuff done before I realized he is actually quite sick.

Here's to another day of kid shows. And super cold weather.

No comments: