Friday, August 12, 2016

Vindication and Frustration

I got a message from my doctor (or actually his replacement as he is on paternity leave until the end of the year). Apparently all my blood work yesterday is ok, except my thyroid. I was very happy to see I am not diabetic (always a concern with my family history). I was not too surprised by the thyroid results, since I noticed my BBT results the past month are below 97F and apparently that is a sign of low thryoid. The funny things is I went back over my old charts, going back to 2011 when I started, and it has always been that low. So for at least 5 years I have had a low thyroid. I should have had it checked sooner. I always just thought I'm fat and tired and that's the way it is. Even when I have tried to lose weight, it is a real struggle. And now I know why!

My doctor is recommending I get my level rechecked in a month, so I will do that before I go back to work. He also said I could leave it for the fertility clinic to manage. Which is fine as I'll have all my tests and things done by then. I think this could affect my fertility so I do want to get it taken care of.

I am a little frustrated with the place that took my blood though. They gave me this PIN so I could get to check my results, and of course it doesn't work. So I called the tech support number and the guy on the phone was less than helpful. He said he would "send it to IT" which always means it won't be fixed to me. So I will give it a bit of time, and then pay $5 to get them from the doctor's office. Frustration! Annoying. I'd like to see the results just to be able to compare and see where I am borderline on things. My relief is currently outweighing the frustration though. For now.

In terms of my plans, given the thyroid results I will be adding selenium sooner than I had planned, I was going to take it only when I was actively trying as it is supposed to help with implantation. I have read that it can help with a "sluggish" thyroid though so I will start it now. I am also going to try and give up eggs and dairy, possibly gluten as well. I'll start with 30 days, see if I can do it and how I feel afterwards. I do recognize that I may need to be on some medication but I will hear about that in 6 weeks or so.

Jackson is at daycare for a few hours today, which is a nice break for me. I got the grocery shopping done with no "help". I was pretty good at sticking to my list, and restocking a few things we ran out of. I'll go get him in another hour or so. He wanted to go play volleyball. He has been watching the olympics with me, and is quite into a few of the sports. So far I think he likes swimming best. Which is fun. Canada won a gold last night, when I told him the morning his only comment was "why don't the men win!" So I told him they were waiting for him to be ready to swim. He got a funny look on his face, so cute. I wonder if he will want to keep going with swimming since he's enjoying it so much right now. I have told him he has to decide what he wants to do in the fall, swimming, gymnastics, basketball or nothing. He needs to decide soon though, Sign up starts this week.

No comments: