Thursday, August 11, 2016

Week by week

This is Jackson's second week of swim kid level 1, and he has already passed! I am just so proud since he did the younger level about 5 times and couldn't get it. I've got him registered for level 2 to start next week, since he's on a roll we'll keep going. I only managed to find a low ratio class, and it's an hour later than this one so we'll see how that goes with it being at dinner time basically. We are on holidays though so can have a good snack before we go. He is really enjoying it, and with watching the Olympics has been trying out his swimming techniques from the races he watches.

He's been watching a lot and Canada is not doing that well. He gets very invested and quite upset when they don't win. I think it's a good thing to learn to deal with, but it is hard to deal with. I'm not sure why he gets so upset by their losses. We spend time talking about they are doing their best, and it's amazing they are good enough to get to the Olympics at all. Not sure it's helping but I hope so!

Since it has been 3 weeks from when my referral was sent I called the clinic to see if they got it and when I can expect to hear back. They had it and she booked my appointment for September 27th. 6 1/2 weeks away. Ugh. Oh well. I'll be back to work by then but it'll have to do. It gives me 6 weeks to keep up with getting healthier. It would be nice to lose a few pounds, but that may not happen.

I have managed to go for my regular blood work, and the ultrasound for my possible hernia. I have one more appointment in early September, then it's just waiting for the first appointment. I have heard good things about the doctor I've been referred to, which is nice to see. He is apparently quite nice and very good at answering questions. I know I will need tests, and beyond that not sure! I have been tracking my BBT again, how boring is that. It is lower than it probably should be, but it does show I've ovulated, so that is great. I have a bunch of OPT's and pregnancy tests I bought last year on amazon, they don't expire for quite a while still so I imagine I'll get to use them.

It has been really hot and humid here, all thoughts of walking around outside are not happening. I should be working out at home I guess, but I feel so ugh from the heat and humidity. I've been better about my eating habits, but the exercise just isn't happening this week. I did a few days of 10k steps last week but none this week.

I will say not having to worry about work at all has been very nice. I am very happy to be able to take all this time off in the summer. It is very nice to be able to fully relax, and just not do a whole lot.

No comments: