Saturday, June 2, 2018

Nanny & Poppy

We had another great trip. But it really over extended me, and I'm not sure when, or if, we will go again. It was amazing though. We really enjoyed the ship, the ports, the food, and the few days at Disney after. I do not regret going, but it was not a cheap trip.

When we got back my parents told me they were putting their house on the market in order to move closer to home. It sold really quickly, and they had to find a new place. Yesterday they moved in! It was super fast, and I think quite stressful for my mom, but they are closer now. Only an hour away. We went out to see the house today, it's really nice, new build, perfect size for them (or us!). Jackson really liked the place, and we walked up to Dairy Queen for ice cream.

I am not sure I'll ever be able to buy a house at this rate. I can't save fast enough to keep up with the way house prices are going up. Homes are selling for thousands over asking, quickly, often before they actually go on the market. And since kiddo has decided that he wants to stay at this school it greatly limits my options. At least when he hits high school the catchment is much bigger. But that's still 3 years away. He is only in grade 3! Almost done grade 3 though.

Work is work. I am getting my vacation this summer, my manager shuffled the team a bit when one person left in order to put me in a position that I could actually take the time off. Now my position from before has said they won't allow me to stay on loan for another year. The area I am working will need to move me permanently or send me back in September. At this point, both jobs sound interesting so I leave it to the managers to figure it out. The current job is in a much better location, parking is easier, and the commute is so much better. But I will do what I need to do for the job I guess.

We have no real plans for the summer. We will do some stuff around town, and a friend is off with her kids as well. Plus we'll go to my parents for a bit as well. I do want to declutter, get ride of stuff! Jackson doesn't play with his toys much any more, we can get rid of a lot I think. And hopefully it will make the house cleaner, easier to maintain, and just generally nicer to live in. I also am eating better, and moving more, but it's hard. I get started and then just fade off the workouts. I would like to do more, I just get tired, and eventually give up again. I keep trying, one day it will become a habit! I hope.

No comments: