Thursday, May 28, 2020

3 Months

Schools here are officially not returning until fall. The plan for that reopening will be provided before the end of June. I'm anxious to see what they plan on doing. I have no idea how they can have all those kids in a classroom together, so we'll see what happens I guess. No way will online learning work for my kid. He has refused to do anything so far, and I can't face the fight over it. I wish it was different, but I just can't have that fight. We have enough other fights. 

Since I won't be sending Jackson to summer camps, not even sure if they will be running, I will be working from home all summer. It will be 3 more months of "this". This boredom for my son, this yelling and frustration over video games and YouTube. He worries, he wants to be able to do things, but he's also afraid to leave the house or do any of those things. 

We went to visit my parents last weekend, I was at my end and needed a break. So did he really. He spent the night with them, and did a bunch of work for my dad. They fed him well, he slept eventually, and he missed me, but when he got mad the next day he says he didn't. I missed him, it was strange to be home alone. I watched some movies, went to bed early, woke up at 3:30 with a migraine. Slept until 9 after that. I had 3 texts from him when I woke up, he woke up at 6:30, 7 & was eating breakfast at 9. He wanted to let me know he was having 5 pieces of bacon. 

Sunday I started working out again, and have been getting up and doing a workout before work everyday this week. Plus then walking the dog before it gets hot. It is so motivating to have it done early, I get my steps in and it's just done! It has helped me keep on track, though today has been worse, I ate some stuff at dinner I shouldn't have. There were 3 ribs left and some pasta, I didn't want to waste it. Otherwise I was on track. I'm even drinking water! Hopefully I will see a loss on the scale this weekend. 

The weather this week has been crazy hot. It is supposed to get back to normal which will be nice. My hair has been driving me nuts, so I cut it. Hairdressers are still not open here and at the rate we are going it will be July before they are. I couldn't wait that long. I think it looks pretty good, especially considering I did it myself. I'll go back to the hairdresser when I can. Maybe. Perhaps I will just keep doing it myself, save some money! The dog is able to go for grooming as they have reopened, but they are booked solid so June 24 is the first appointment I could get! Crazy. He will be in desperate need by then for sure. Another reason to keep him out of the heat. 

Since we will be home all summer, and I'm not sure if pools will even be open, we need to find something else to do. Not sure what, it will depend on what opens I guess. I wish we had a pool, and a big yard that someone else took care of. Even a basketball net would be something. Part of the problem now is that nothing is available though. I can't even find a decent, not too expensive, basketball net to buy. I guess we will figure something out. I have to admit, it would be a lot easier if it was just me, or if Jackson was younger and played with toys, or older and able to control his temper. 

There are times I am very glad I don't have a younger child, a baby would be difficult to get work done, and also it would be hard to do anything, even getting groceries could be tricky. I do not envy the single mother's out there with toddlers, well not at the moment any way. 

No comments: