Sunday, June 24, 2012

Long day with a tired kiddo

The weather started out pretty good this morning so I decided to take us on a little hike. It's about a 5k or so loop and normally takes us an hour to do.  About 20 minutes into it Jackson wanted up.  I had brought my fabulous preschool sized kinderpack so I flipped him up on my back and away we went.  Now if I had been thinking I would have turned around then since we weren't even at the half way point, but I thought he was just needing a little break and would want to walk again.  He didn't.  I carried him about 40 minutes, my back was a little sore, he is 34 or so pounds so he is heavy.  My carrier was awesome though, it really shifts the weight into my hips and legs so it's not pulling down on my shoulders. 

I'm not sure why he was so tired today, he had a good sleep last night and it was still well before nap time when we went hiking.  He had a big nap after lunch too, close to 4 hours.  And after a bath he fell asleep pretty easily tonight.  So hopefully he's not sick again because I am so out of leave it's not funny.  And we're going to my parent's Friday for the long weekend.  I'll pick him up after lunch at daycare, he should be pretty tired and ready for a nap after playing all morning and having a good lunch. 

I had a nap today too, and the puppy who came with us on the walk is currently snoring on the couch, and had a big nap as well.  He's not used to such a long walk, not for awhile any way.  I've had to start using the halti on him again though because he's pulling a lot again.  We did obedience classes before Jackson was born but he didn't ever really get the no pull walk.  He will sit, and down, especially if there is a treat offered, but he pulls constantly.  Jackson will never be able to walk him.

Overall it was a good weekend, didn't spend any money (have none to spend lol) and we got out to enjoy the nice weather quite a bit.  It's raining now and is supposed to continue for a couple days.  Means I don't have to water my garden which is nice.  Speaking of my garden, my tomato plants are going awesome, the carrots seem to have disappeared, the swiss chard is sad looking, I may try that again after the hottest part of summer.  My cucumbers were eaten by squirrels and only two bean plants made it. The pepper plant is hanging in there but doesn't seem to be growing much.  I do have some lettuce that seems to be doing well.  I also have a few calla lilies in my pots that are blooming, I guess the squirrels missed those.  I do love calla lilies, they are so pretty!

A short work week, then a nice long weekend.  I hope we have a good time at my parent's place, and are able to go to the beach.  The short week will be nice for his first in the preschool room.  I am hopeful that it goes well and he adjusts quickly, but I know my kid and anticipate some crying and perhaps a tantrum or two.  I really hope they listen to me about the potty training, which did not happen at all this weekend.  If the weather is nice we'll be outside a lot this weekend, so that'll be good for hanging out in underpants outside. 

Starting in July I'm moving to a cash budget system, well a hybrid of one any way.  I will be using envelopes, mostly because the jars I see on Til Debt Do Us Part would be too hard to carry around.  I have my categories all sorted out and a plan to pay off my small debt, and save for a house and a few other things.  I am also going to be saving for Christmas.  I plan to use my ING savings account, which I haven't used in many many years, to save for that, and a couple other things that are yearly purchases.  I'm combining a few different ideas and am hoping it will go well.  I will need to show some restraint, and to say no to my baby.  He usually asks for a toy when we go to certain stores, but when I look around the living room it isn't like he needs any!  I need to stop shopping.  I am a shopaholic.  Extreme shopaholic.  I need a replacement for that.  Maybe I can do a workout when the urge to shop strikes... I'd lose weight for sure! :-) 

And that's that for now.  Rambling post I guess but just stuff to get out.  Time for me to go to bed shortly, kiddo is sound asleep and it's a big day for him tomorrow. 

No comments: