Saturday, June 23, 2012

Picnic at the Park

Today has been a good day so far, the weather is fabulous and we met up with the SMC group in Ottawa for a picnic at Sandy Hill park.  It was a lot of fun though I spent more time chasing Jackson than being able to chat with anyone unfortunately.  He was pretty good but at the end was not listening so it was time to come home.  I didn't know they have a wading pool there so didn't take his swimsuit, so he didn't get to get wet.  I know now and it wasn't that hard to get to so we may go back. It was quite a nice little park.  I'm sure there are similar in our area, closer to home, but I have to find them!  We normally stick to our little hidden park that he enjoys, we can walk there in just over 20 minutes so we take the dog, play at the park then walk home.  I am thinking of trying the bike out after nap time, to head to that little park for some playing.  But it will depend on what time he wakes from his nap at.

Some pics of him enjoying himself


driving the train

on the toddler sized slide


on the tire swing
 He also enjoyed digging in the dirt and going down the big slide with mommy, though mommy's butt got a little burned so we only did that twice.

It was nice to see the other mommy's and kids as well, a few are either trying for 2, in the process of having their second or already have two.  It was inspiring to see and makes me more determined to make that work for me. 

Work is work, and my acting promotion was extended so the extra money will be coming in for an additional month, which is great and will hopefully build up my savings towards my goal. 

Daycare is going well, he moves up to the preschool room on Monday and yesterday they gave me a list of things he'll need that I wasn't prepared for, so had to spend extra money which rather annoys me.  And then there was some issue with training pants, they want him in pull ups, I don't use disposables, and he's been wearing underwear in the toddler room for two weeks now, so why are we going backwards.  His toddler room teacher was nice, and told me that I am his mother and to say what I want them to do.  Which is underpants.  I'll make sure to leave a few extra pairs of underpants and shorts there, I do any way, and will expect accidents, but if they are consistent with getting him to sit on the potty, there shouldn't be an issue.  I will have to be on top of it here, which so far hasn't gone well.  I am hoping next weekend at my parent's will be good, he will likely be out in their backyard a good portion of the day, or at the beach, so underwear it will be!  Plus I got a piddle pad for the car seat so won't have to worry about that either. It should be delivered Monday or Tuesday (had to order it online as it's been out of stock at the local stores forever).

And that's our time so far :-)  He's napping, I'm considering one myself, though I have a lot of chores I should be doing.  Always chores to do though... don't always have time to nap. 

No comments: