Monday, September 5, 2016

Almost back to school

Jackson starts grade 2 tomorrow. He let me cut his hair last night. I should really take a class or something because I am not the best at it! But he looks cute, with a few stray hairs I missed :-)  He isn't too excited about it, I guess school is old news now. Right now he is at the neighbours playing. She was over here yesterday, which then led to a massive melt down and fight when I wouldn't let him go play again. I am enjoying the grown up tv channel. But wondering if I should go get him soon. I just don't want to face the fight.

His backpack is ready for the new year, along with a fancy pencil case and all the new supplies. I read the September school newsletter and see there will be a 1/2 split, a fully grade 2 class and a 2/3 split. I am not too pleased. I hope he is in either the 2 or 2/3 split. I know my son, he will be distracted with a split class but at least in a 2/3 split he will be distracted by harder work and perhaps push himself harder. I guess we will find out tomorrow. The teachers are all new to him, I guess they hired some new ones. The one he thought he'd be getting is actually teaching kindergarten this year. I also hope the one boy I do not like isn't in his class. I know the rest of the boys will not be a problem, he has lots of friends. Just that one boy.

We were at the park yesterday and there is a little orange and white cat. Very sweet, followed up around, not fixed. Jackson says the cat has been around the school for awhile now. I am sure he is very lost, but haven't seen any ads for him. Of course being an unneutered male he could be from miles away, they do wander to find girlfriends. If I had the money I would have brought him home, or rather to the vet to get a check up first. I do want another male cat, and orange cats have always been a soft spot for me. But I wanted to wait until we move, and I didn't want to pick up a stray! But oh do we both feel bad for the little kitty and wanted to bring him home.

Jackson doesn't know I am off the whole week. It's my last vacation week and I look forward to it. I need to start going to bed earlier and be ready to get up earlier too. I have an appointment with the nurse Wednesday and will need some blood work later in the week. Otherwise I plan to declutter, pack up some toys and hopefully work on the basement. As fall is quickly arriving, now is the time to load up the garage with garbage to toss. Once winter hits we like to park in the garage so there is less room to fill it up. Garbage pick up is only biweekly, but I should be able to get rid of some stuff. I should have been doing it over the holidays but it was hard with kiddo around. He likes to be in the same space as me.

I really wish I could plan a trip. I am trying to be responsible, and know that if I am buying a house I shouldn't spend the money on a trip. Plus of course the zika thing, everywhere I want to go it's there and I do not want to risk my future child. Why of why have I waited so long to do this? I should already have two kids. The message to anyone waiting for the perfect time, there isn't one, do it! I have to remember that even if we can't go on a trip for a few years, I can travel when I'm older too. And I will.

No comments: