Tuesday, September 6, 2016

First day of Grade 2!

I took Jackson up to school this morning. We walked, he wasn't too happy about that but he managed. It isn't far but he'd prefer to ride his bike. We don't have a lock for it so I didn't want it left there all day and no way I could ride it home!  He saw Nolan as soon as we got there, but we didn't see any lists. Eventually a crowd of parents went back around the corner of the school so we followed and I saw the grade 3 & 2/3 lists... there was his name! He's in the 2/3 split phew! We met his teacher and she noted that he's in daycare so she knows where he goes at the end of the day. He wasn't too impressed with the kids in his class. Bradley is in there so that's good, and Scott (smartest kid last year according to Jackson). He also knows at least a few of the grade 3 kids. He was a little worried that he was going to have to learn the grade 3 stuff already, but I told him to just focus on the grade 2 stuff. I am sure he'll do great and I am actually glad he'll be pushed a bit. I hope his teacher sets up a twitter or blog or something like the others all have.

He let me cut his hair Sunday night, it looks not bad. He picked out his clothes this morning. He is really excited to start wearing his new school clothes, but they are warmer and it's supposed to be hot today.

First day of Grade 2! 

No comments: