Saturday, September 24, 2016

Regular days

Well Jackson is back at school, and I am back at work. All in all, I prefer vacations! It feels like I didn't have any time off. I think that's always the way it goes. I'm already planning the next vacation, though I am not sure what I'll be able to do. Since I want to have another baby, all my cruise plans have to be on hold. Zika is just too scary to deal with. I may be able to do a Disney trip as it is not there, but we'll see I guess.

I go to the fertility clinic on Tuesday. I am taking the whole day off, silly probably but I suspect I will have a lot to think over after the appointment, though I won't have had most tests done by then I am sure the doctor will have some information for me just based on my age and history. I hope he'll treat my thyroid as well, or I will have to go back to the family doctor for that. Someone on one of the forums I frequent posted this link to a calculator that gives you your chances of success, according to that, by 3 tries I should be at 40%, which seems high, but I cross my fingers that's right, or even better.

Work has been irritating. I work for a large government department and there are lots of divisions and teams. No one seems to get along or have the same end goal. We are working on a couple projects and I sent emails to let other areas know as they could benefit, well it blew up with so many people wanting to get there hands in there, and it should be so simple. But of course now it's not. And it bugs me! I do not seem to get along with people sometimes.

My kid seems to be similar. His teacher had to talk to me already. Apparently he's been touching other kids on the playground, so we had a chat about that. She also mentioned that in group work he sometimes has a hard time with kids he doesn't know well. She said he's very intelligent so when the other kids take some time to "get it" he gets frustrated. Yup. That's my boy! He is doing well in the split class I think, but I am concerned he will be bored next year. Hopefully it will work out. Who knows, we may be in a new school by then any way.

Speaking of homes, I am still torn on what to do. I'd love a brand new home. But the location of the one I like is not the best. So then I could go with a different builder, and a better location. But then what I want is all upgrades, so the price goes up and up. I could go with an older home, but then I want something that is perhaps further from the city, with a bigger yard, and I am not the best at yard work and such things. I guess it doesn't really matter too much now as I do have to get the money first.

All in all, life goes on! The weather is cooling off so that is nice. Jackson has busy weekends with swimming lessons, and playing with the neighbour girl. Evenings get to lazy, especially by Friday when we are both tired. And all the tv shows I like are slowly coming back with new episodes. Thank goodness I can tape them since bedtime seems to last longer than ever. But once asleep he does seem to sleep all night. And he's getting himself dressed in the morning after I wake him up. That's a good step.

No comments: