Monday, September 5, 2011

It starts tomorrow

Tomorrow is the first day of the new daycare.  I'm nervous.  Jackson doesn't care lol.  I think I have everything ready to go, clothes to leave there, new shoes all ready, diapers, wipes & cream, sunscreen.  And it's all labelled.  Tomorrow we are going to begin our new daily plan.  Since we have to drive to the daycare, and he has to eat breakfast before we go, I need to get up at about 5.  I should probably be sleeping now lol.  I hope to do a short workout, then shower and get ready.  I'll get him up around 6, or a bit later, hopefully he'll eat his breakfast.  Then we're off!  Tomorrow we don't have to be there quite as early as normal, since it's the first day they want to do a half day and have me stay with him.  I'm not sure this will be good or not, but we'll see how it goes.  I hope he enjoys it, and does as well there as he has been at the last place. 

I found out some interesting things about the subsidy program here.  I do qualify, and I'll be paying a set monthly rate.  Apparently the rate stays the same no matter how many kids I have in daycare.  This is a big thing for me.  And something I wish I had known sooner as I'd likely have wanted to start trying for number 2 sooner.  The biggest reason I didn't want to two in daycare was the cost, and now that's irrelevant.  I am gonig to get Jackson on the lists for before/after school care, subsidized, for the schools near here, I hope he'll have a spot when he's ready to start school, but based on my current plans for number 2 I may have another year, since I'd like to be home the first year on mat leave again.

Money wise, I'm pretty well screwed right now, I had to borrow money from my parents so that I can pay two daycares this month.  But in October I should be ok, be able to get on track.  I have a few plans for how to save more, though I really just need to stop buying "'stuff" :-)  I've already got a few Christmas presents bought, and my parents have pretty much committed to getting him a kitchen. 

Weight wise, I am tracking things, for now, and watching what I eat.  The exerecise first thing in the morning will help I think, but I have to actually do it.  That is the hard part of course!  I am hoping to start getting organic fruits and veggies delivered starting in October, there is a local company that does boxes of stuff, and I think it would be a good way for me to get the organic stuff, eat healthy, and try new things.  Between that and going to Costco to get meat, and of course my weekend cooking sprees, it should help me keep on track with my eating, and spending. 

I really need to do more cleaning, and keep on top of the chores.  I bought a vileda mop, it's reuseable, and you can use your own solution in it.  I haven't used it yet, but am sure it'll be great.  Since we're only doing a half day tomorrow at the daycare, when I bring him home for his nap, I'll try and get some cleaning done while he's sleeping... and not nap myself :-)

We had a good long weekend at my parent's.  He got to see the water at the dock, and the boats, and he loved it.  He's still asking to go to the water, boats, but of course I don't think there's any near here.  I might be wrong about that, and should probably look into it.  He slept pretty well there, but it's nice to be home!  I always miss my own bed. 

Which I should go get into now, I have to get up early tomorrow. 

No comments: