Friday, September 16, 2011

Just when I think everything is good

Jackson is doing well at the new daycare, he didn't cry Thursday or Friday at drop off, though his lip was quivering.  He is very cranky and tired, hungry, at the end of the day, and wants to leave NOW, but he seems to be happy and playing and having fun.  So that is a relief.

I decided not to pay the old daycare the two weeks, the contract does say I will give one month, but I feel she violated it, and broke it, by booking an extra 7 days, and even taking an extra sick day earlier in the year she should have reimbursed me for.  She sent me a text asking where her money was, I had sent an email but I guess she didn't get it yet.  So I told her I wouldn't be paying, and she got mad, of course, and threatened to take me to small claims court.  I told her I wasn't paying because she violated the contract, and I'd send her the email again.  It's very well written, thanks to some help from friends at work, and I think more than generous.  The whole situation makes me sick to my stomach honestly, I'm not good at confrontation.  But I don't believe it's fair what's she's done to me, and I don't feel I should have to pay her.  She told me on the phone that the Christmas vacation she doesn't get paid for... which is no where in the contract, those days are not mentioned, and if she had put that in there I might feel differently. 

The whole thing has been irritating, a learning experience I guess?  Something I hope to never go through again.  I certainly have learned what to do or expect with a contract, and I won't do daycare without a subsidy again (I hope).  Extra frustration, I know when this all began I found, and read, the contract, and now I can't find it for some reason!  I'm sure I put it some place "safe"... you'd think I'd know better lol.  Hopefully I find it soon... or don't bother to need it?  sigh...

No comments: