Saturday, February 9, 2013

Moving, selling stuff and stress

I've signed the lease. I move, or rather get the keys, on March 1st.  I am super excited, totally stressed and trying hard not to panic.  Doing this with a three year old is insane and I don't know if I'm going to make it.  However, it's done and I will survive, because that is what we do.  The new townhouse is bigger than this one, with carpets, eat in kitchen, finished basement, my own shower in the master bath, and they are putting central air in for me by May 15th.  I am very excited, though it's very odd as well.  I will be super close to my sister, about an 8 minute walk according to Goo gle maps, but probably closer if you don't dilly dally.  Or longer if you walk with a 3-year-old.  It is also really close to a Timmies and a McD's. As well as a biking/walking trail, and even an equestrian centre is very close. I look forward to walking over to visit the horsies. 

So far, as far as planning for the move, I have done some work, the spare room is packed and about 90% ready, the basement is ... well it's a disaster lol, but one with a purpose. I am getting rid of all Jackson's baby items, his jolly jumper, exersaucer, high chair, etc.  It makes me super sad, but is necessary.  And I'm posting it online to sell so had to clean a few things up a bit and take pics.  I am hoping it all sells of course, but I have a large amount of clothes and linens, even diaper bags, already packed up for donation.  They come around here on Feb 24th, so what hasn't sold by then will be going to donation.  Except the cloth diapers I have up for sale, any of those that don't sell I will take to the new house, they don't take up too much space.  So far it's not going too badly, I have made close to $200 in one day, which is all going towards new stuff for the new place, but of course there are the people who ask a question or say they want to pick something up asap and you never hear from them again.  That's fine, they have two weeks lol.  Then it's all going out the door and that's that. 

I have hired movers, the quote was $200 less than I was budgeting for, and the guy who did the quote said it would be about 7 hrs, which is perfect, it means Jackson will be in daycare all day and I won't be late to get him.  I am happy with the quote, but am planning to move quite a bit of stuff myself (for instance my clothes).  It will be interesting with Jackson tagging along, since of course he goes where I go, so he'll be making trips back and forth.  I get the keys March 1st, a Friday, and have movers coming on the 7th, which gives me just under a week. I also hope to have my new couch delivered on March 2nd.  We are going couch shopping next weekend, between packing and selling stuff of course! 

All in all, the whole thing is stressful and tiring, but I know it will be great in the end, and I am sure it will all end up well. I am slightly worried about the backyard stuff (patio furniture, sandbox and BBQ) still being covered in snow come March 7th, but I am hopeful and I will do what I have to.  I have this place until the end of March so realistically, anything the movers don't take I can come back for, I just really don't want to. 

This is my 100th post.  I think I should have had more by now.  Life is busy, and sometimes I don't want to admit that it's trying.  My son is 3 and he has certainly got a personality and does not like to listen to what I have to say.  It can be difficult and I do lose my temper more than I should.  I don't think moving will help that really, except that perhaps I will be more comfortable and "at home" in my life.  I won't worry that the house is making us sick, or the neighbours are doing illegal things.  The school is a good one, and while it will be further from daycare/work, it's not that big of a difference. I am hopeful that having the walking trail so close will be good for us, and I look forward to some new things in my life.  I do feel sad getting rid of Jackson's baby things, but I also know if I do choose to have another baby I can replace them fairly easily.  And that I don't need nearly as much as I had with him any way. 

No comments: