Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Best Laid Plans

This weekend is quickly winding down, and I have not gotten nearly enough done.  I can see this move is going to be a flurry of last minute packing and anxiety.  Somehow the day gets away from me, and with the new bottle free nights, falling asleep for my boy is taking some time, and a few checks by me.  He hasn't asked for one which is good, though he has asked for milk.  He thought last night he would be thirsty overnight but tonight he told me he wasn't.  I am slightly worried I got too few small boxes and too many of the big ones, I don't want to pack things too heavy, and I'm not sure if toys should be in small or big boxes, I think perhaps they can go in the bigger ones, I hope so any way since I will have more of those in the end. 

So why am I writing on here, rather than packing?  Because the packing tape is upstairs and it might wake the boy who just fell asleep.  I should go up and get it, I can at least pack my books and DVDs.  Some of the boys too I'm sure. I know there are things in the kitchen I can pack as well.  I also need to sort some stuff in the basement for donating next weekend, and getting the garbage ready for Tuesday night.  It really sucks that we can only put garbage out every two weeks, honestly it's a huge pain and the city is run by morons if they thought it would be a good idea. 

I am still really happy with my couch purchase, it is a great deal and it was so comfy.  I hope it all fits well and looks how I think it will.  I am also sad that I couldn't get the bedding set I wanted, they were out of stock though they weren't supposed to be.  Now I don't have new bedding for my new house and it makes me a little bit sad.  Hopefully something will work out and I'll find something I like, with a pretty colour in it to paint the room.  Not that I'm sure I want to pay for the paint and supplies, there are other things I would much rather get and do. 

In 18 days we will be living in the new house.  Eighteen days.  The last few days of it will be incredibly busy and stressful.  I hope to move many things myself, and that will be difficult with the boy around, but I think I will be taking a sick day on March 1st so I can get everything I want from the stores, and move a few loads over.  Hopefully I can manage 4 trips that day, and a few the following morning.  The following morning will depend on when the couch is being delivered, if it's in the morning I won't be able to do any trips, but I hope it will be the afternoon.  Jackson will have to do a few trips with me on Sunday, and possibly in the evenings.  I am stressed just thinking about it. 

I think I must be the queen of procrastination.  I am very good at leaving things until the last minute.  And I suspect that this place is going to be left a disaster when I leave it.  I hope that I do not leave anything important behind, and that the backyard is thawed enough to get everything from it that I want to take. 

I look around and think it will only take a few minutes to pack up, but in reality I am pretty sure it will take a couple days of solid work.  Which is really really hard with a three year old on the loose.  And no extra vacation days I can take.  So I have until the 24th to get everything ready for donating, that will be a big help, to get all that stuff out of here, but I need to make sure I get as much donated as possible.  On that note, I need to go to bed soon, so I can have some energy tomorrow to deal with all of it.  I can do this. 

No comments: