Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Time for change

The packing... not going that well but some is getting done. I am a little worried about the basement.  I don't like it down there and the thought of packing the stuff that needs packing scares me to be honest.  I think some of it is going to just get moved and I'll deal with it in the new house later.  I intend to keep on with the purging, regardless of how much I can get done before we go.  I hope that I get it all done, but imagine there will be a mad scramble at the end. I have some stuff packed up, and the upstairs will be fairly easy, though my room may be a problem.  The main floor, well it's a toy fest :-)  so that will be interesting. I plan on taking a box of toys over Friday for Jackson to play with while we work on the moving and setting up stuff.  I hope to do quite a bit on Friday as soon as I get the keys, I have a couple lists of things to buy, money money!  But I want a new start, a fresh start and newness.

I need a change.  I need this change, but I need for it to carry through.  I need to make changes for my health, for Jackson's health, for our lives.  With the gallbladder news I know I need to correct my health, eat better and move more.  I also need to work on my stress levels. I get stressed out a lot, and I need a better way to deal with it.  I am considering yoga, I have some yoga DVDs I can do, but I need to find the time, and energy to actually do it.  The time is tricky, I get up by 5:30 as it is, and by the time Jackson goes to bed all I want to do is crawl in bed myself.  I do need to get in bed by 9 or so, in order to get up that early.  I am tired of being tired. 

I have a friend who calls me a hermit, which would be true.  If it wasn't for Jackson I would probably never leave the house.  With so much on line shopping available, and even the chance to work from home, though I'm not sure how that works, I would be quite happy to be here all the time.  It is hard to step out of that. I don't really know why it is, I know my mom is similar and it's why they don't come and visit me very often.  My sister is the opposite, she loves to be out, with people, and doing stuff.  I often wish I had a little more of that.  I have often forced myself to get out with Jackson, when he was a baby I did a few activities with him in tow.  But not lately. I am stuck, in a rut and he's the one paying for it. I know he doesn't know any different, but he should get to be out there doing fun things not stuck here with me because I'm scared or tired. 

A few of the changes I plan to make are ordering organic produce delivery, yes this is a home activity, but it will mean healthier eating. I also plan to go to some farmers markets on the weekends when they open, Jackson should enjoy that I think.  I hope to get local meats and eggs as well as veggies and fruit.  Walks and runs will happen, hopefully Jackson will learn to ride his balance bike early in the spring so we can jog while he rides.  I also want for him to play outside in the summer, the new yard looks great and I hope it is as nice as I think.  He will be taking swimming lessons and possibly signing up for soccer or something like that as well.  It is a very good thing that he is in daycare and around so many kids, it is a good thing for him, especially with such an anti-social mommy.

No comments: