Monday, March 25, 2013

Almost Easter

A four day weekend is quickly approaching. It will no doubt pass just as quickly and then be back to the grind.  But I am hoping to enjoy the few days at my parent's place.  My mom has said she'll get up with Jackson if he wakes up.  He sometimes does still, usually to pee, but some nights he doesn't.  Then there are nights like last night when he woke up but refused to go to the potty and I couldn't get him up from the bed without a fight, which led to an accident.  That takes a bit longer but so far I think he's had 3 accidents since he gave up the bottles.

I am a little annoyed that he still gets a nap everyday at daycare, he doesn't need them.  It leads to bedtimes like tonight where it took almost 2 hours for him to finally go to sleep.  And is a big fight between us.  Last night he was in bed and asleep within about 20 minutes, no fighting.  It was because there was no nap, and a nice walk outside to get some fresh air.  He plays outside at daycare, and he plays pretty hard, so he should be tired, but that nap, it kills bedtime!

Jackson is pretty excited about Easter this year, he wants chocolate. I hope he also enjoys the finding the eggs, and decorating the eggs.  I also hope he doesn't want to eat all the chocolate at once!  I am trying to get us both eating healthier. Yesterday I made a nice roast chicken and vegetables. I made him try the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes, as well as the things he likes, before I'd let him fill up on the rest. He was good and tried, but the gagging faces said quite a bit.  Funny because he loved sweet potatoes as a baby.  Tonight I did leftovers, which he wouldn't eat because it had "black things" in it, no idea what he saw but he refused to eat it so... he had a hot dog instead (all natural but still...)

Funny how you can learn things from watching sitcoms.  They are talking about the choice between working to make money, and provide everything, and being there for the special things.  It's something I've really been thinking about lately.  I am wondering what is the least I can work, and still be able to afford the life we want, but maybe be able to do things like put Jackson on the bus and get him off it at the end of the day, spend the summer with him.  I believe I can afford to do these things, but it will be a tight budget, so I should be practising now, and that is part of what I want to do now.  I want to live well below what I am making and save the difference. The problem of course is daycare, so if the difference is only the daycare then I'm stuck.  Need to work the math a little more I guess. 

I am really looking forward to the weekend, 3 more working days, 4 sleeps.  Great.  Can't wait.  I will of course worry about the cats but my sister will come check at them.  It will be nice to have some help, and for Jackson to spend time with my parents.  I hope to really enjoy the mini break.

No comments: