Friday, March 15, 2013

Junk and other stuff

 Well we've been here just over a week, and I like the new house.  Now that the sink has been fixed (I think) there doesn't seem to be any more issues.  We'll see I guess.  I still have to go back to the old house and get my patio furniture, and clean it.  The cleaning part I'm not so keen on and have no desire to help them out really in that respect. It's different when you are selling, then you have an obligation to whoever you are selling to.  In this case I don't really feel that.  In fact I feel a little irritated that they are putting so much effort into fixing it up when they did nothing before I moved in, and didn't even fix the leak in the basement while I was there.  Now I'm paying for them to use hydro and heat, and I'm not happy about it.

I do think I've figured out how to get the patio furniture, and will see tomorrow I guess.  Hopefully it works so I can get that done and over with, move on.  I want to go through everything and make sure I have everything I want/need out.  I'm supposed to leave all the garbage in the garage, but I'm not sure that is going to happen either.  Honestly I just want to move on and be done with it.  It is hard on Jackson to have this tie to the old place, he is confused and still calls our new home the "new house" instead of home.  He is still having a hard time sleeping too. 

I really do like this new house, but I cannot wait for spring.  I am anxious for the snow to be gone. I want to enjoy the back yard, go for walks.  I want Jackson to learn to ride his balance bike, and to get active again.  I even want to start getting organic produce delivered weekly, or biweekly, we'll see how much it really amounts to in the box. 

I chose this place partly because of the school that is nearby, my sister's kids went there and I know it's a good school.  But Jackson isn't 4 until December and I just think it's too early for him to be going.  Add in the fact this school won't be full days until 2014, and I don't want to figure out a new daycare situation.  I think I am going to leave him at the daycare for another year.  I will keep the subsidy, he likes the place, it's an ok schedule, and I won't have to worry about summer or spring break, or even Christmas if I don't want to.  I think it's a good solution for us, though I feel a little bad about keeping him out of school an extra year. He is learning a lot at daycare.  So that's not an issue.  And of course, meals are provided.  

No comments: