Saturday, June 18, 2016

Father's Day

Jackson's school was getting ready for Father's Day and I guess he was asked where his father is, who it is. So he asked me if it was ok to tell people about his birth. I asked him what he meant and he couldn't really explain, but he couldn't tell me what he meant so I asked him to tell me what he would say. He said "My mom wanted a baby to she went up to a man and asked him for his seed... " And I kind of laughed because I was sure people would hear that and think I just found some guy in a bar or something. So we talked about how the seed came from a man who donated it, not just some random man. And he was ok with that.

This past week was the end of school fun fare, and we had preordered food for it. It was a lot of fun, with a teacup ride, a bouncy race, a tunnel slide obstacle course, and other candy/treats for sale. Jackson and I did the teacups once and I wouldn't spin it too much because I know he'd feel sick, and that I would too. He loved it of course. After dinner and a snow cone, he and two friends decided to go back on it. The other boys were spinning it around and I could see Jackson getting nauseous. One of the boys mom was with me, She and I yelled at her son to stop spinning it, which he did, but then the other boy took over so there was more yelling. Jackson was starting to cry. Apparently the other boy was saying "I don't care if you are sick or I am sick, I'm going to spin this!" He finally stopped the spinning, and eventually the ride stopped. Jackson was pretty upset. He went on the tunnel slide thing twice before they closed it for the night and we came home. It was a not great ending to the day.

When we got home he gave me my father's day present. It was some homemade cookies in a little box he made from Popsicle sticks, and a note.

I love my mom because she lets me do yoga with her.
I love my mom because she lets me have treats.
I love my mom because she lets me have oatmeal cookies and milk.
Love Jackson

He was very careful to change the Dad to Mom in the title, and he coloured me pink with longer hair so I would know it is me. So sweet and thoughtful. Though I'm confused by the oatmeal cookies and milk since I don't think he's ever asked for, or eaten, that. And the yoga thing, we did Tuesday night and he brought this home Wednesday. I guess he enjoyed it. We have done it once more since, but he didn't enjoy that one as much. He is fun to watch try though.

Today we went for a run, well I tried some jogging and he did some biking. It was good, but I am sore and tired now! I am very out of shape. Hopefully I'll get better. I plan to do it on the weekends with him, and hopefully twice a week after work, before I get him from daycare. The other days after work I hope to do some weights. With some better eating, I hope, I will be in better shape. 

We have no plans for actual Father's Day. We will call or message my dad, but otherwise there are no plans to celebrate. I had thought we might go see Finding Dory but Jackson doesn't want to go, so we'll wait a bit and see if he changes his mind about it. While we will celebrate my dad, we do not celebrate the donor, and I don't want stuff for me (though the note he did is adorable!). 

No comments: