Saturday, May 21, 2011

And my parents have gone

They came and went in about 36 hours.  It was quick!  And it was nice.  They didn't make too many comments on the cleanliness of my home, and only a couple comments about when I'm going to buy a house.  I managed to not tell them about my wanting another baby, and thus avoided those comments.  It was nice to see them, and Jackson certainly loves them, he was quite thrilled with his Poppy.  Which is nice because I do sometimes worry about the lack of male influence in my house. 

My dad took me to Walmart yesterday too, and we got Jackson a sandbox, and a few other things.  Jackson loves his sandbox.  He will stand at the patio door and say "outside" over and over, then as soon as we go out the door, he runs over to it and tries to lift the lid saying "sandbox!" quite excitedly.  It's very cute.  Now I just need to try and find a slide, every time he sees one he says "slide" and wants to go over to it, which is awkward when they are in someones yard :-) 

We had a great day today too, it was gorgeous weather, so after my parents left we took the dog for a walk, then played in the backyard.  Lunch, nap then some more play, we checked out the basement which has finally been made ready for playing (in hopes it'll be cooler down there in summer).  Some more outside play this afternoon, then dinner, a walk to the park to play, and a signing dvd before bed.  Not that he's asleep yet, he's up there babbling away, but it's past bedtime so unless he starts crying he's on his own. 

My animals are happy my parent's visit was short, especially the cats.  Their very large lab likes to chase kitties, and mine are not used to that.  They come out to check him out but don't stay long, so spend the time  hiding in the basement or other places they can get to that he can't.  Once he's gone they are tentative in coming back out, and then fine. 

The rest of the weekend should be nice as well, tomorrow's weather is supposed to be as nice, and Monday there is a potluck with the Ottawa SMC's.  Which should be fun.  I hope the couple of them who have gone to the local fertility clinic and can give some advice.  I have already asked, and a couple have replied with great insight and advice.  I'm quite excited about making the decision to move forward.  Though this makes it difficult as I normally share pretty much everything with my parents.  And this is not something I can share. 

Now to chill and watch some TV, Dr Who is on :-)  Then we'll see.  Might be an early to bed night!  On a Saturday no less lol.

1 comment:

bunintheovenplease! said...

Sounds like everyone had a good visit. I always think, a little too short is better than a little too long!