Saturday, May 7, 2011

A lovely day

Today was a great day.  Jackson and I are having a great weekend together and I love it.  This morning we went shopping for groceries, not very exciting but it was pretty nice to get out.  We stopped for McDonald's on the way home, to pick up breakfast.  Jackson loves the breakfast burrito and the hash browns.  I don't give it to him everyday of course but we go about once a week or so.  We got home and ate our breakfast, he really enjoyed his, as did I. 

Then we went to the park, it's about a 20 minutes walk or so to the nice one.  And it was wet, the swings, the slide.  But I had brought an extra blanket in the stroller so I used that to dry things off a bit.  He had a lot of fun, using the swing, going down the slide, bouncy on the bouncy seat thingy.  Big smiles on his face.  Running in the sand, getting covered in sand.  Then we walked home and he had a snack of crackers and water.  He went down for his nap when we got home.

Three hour naps... ah how I will miss that someday!  I got some laundry done, while he slept, then had a bit of a nap myself :-)  When he got up it was snack time, then we played in the back yard for awhile.  Finally made dinner, burgers and potato salad.  Which he didn't eat any of lol.  We went for another walk after, carrying the baby in the Ergo.  It was also a nice walk. 

Finally a short a "movie" before the baby went to bed.  He loves to watch the singing dvd's, and then show off his signs.  Most look quite similar to each other, but he sure is enthusiastic about them!  He went to bed really easily too, fell asleep in record time. 

So it was a lovely day :-)

Tomorrow should also be pretty nice.  I have plans to go hiking in Gatineau Park with some other SMC's, I'll get a good workout carrying Jackson in my ergo... really need a toddler carrier soon lol.  I love my weekends with my baby, and now that the weather is nicer, it's really becoming fun to get out and enjoy the outdoors with him. 

No comments: