Saturday, May 14, 2011

How to have fun

I've been trying to figure out what to get for the backyard, what would be fun to have back there to play with.  So we don't have to go to the park all the time.  It's hard because it's a small yard, and I don't want to spend a lot of money.  I had wanted to get a water table, but I went cheap and got a couple dish pans and buckets from the dollar store.  Not great quality but someone doesn't mind. 

He had a lot of fun playing with such cheap toys, and ended up dumping all the water on himself.  But he had fun! 

I'm learning a lot from him about having fun and enjoying life.  It doesn't take much to get a giggle from him, the simplest things bring a smile to his face.  Tonight he found a ball and dropped it, it bounced and he thought that was hilarious.  Doesn't take much. 

I'm a fairly serious person, I always have been.  I enjoy things, and I do laugh, but I like quiet and alone time.  Having a child doesn't give you much time for that, but I do manage to find some "me" time.  I get to read, just not as much as I used to.  I watch my tv shows, though they sometimes get interrupted (I really need a pvr!).  I think Jackson takes after me in some ways, he will sit with a toy and concentrate on it, enjoying it but not being crazy about it.  But he still likes to have fun.


And this is how you relax after a hard day playing and having fun.

No comments: